Infrared video of Deer

Curtiss

Reaction score
Here's a video of some deer at night with a new infrared lighting system. It cost around $1100.00 for the infrared lighting alone. I don't think that it was much more than what I was using before.

It is around 5 meg long, so a dial up will be slow.

http://www.treespy.com/video/Clip4.mpg

(Edited by Curtiss at 10:17 pm on May 26, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
Curtiss,

thats pretty cool, too bad it is so much $$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Works well though how far can it reach?

MBullism

Reaction score
O.K., I'm convinced!  I'm going to march right upstairs and explain to my wife that I need $1100 for light bulbs   :jaw-drop:  LOL

Definately cool, thanks for sharing it.  (And keep 'em coming, it's a safe bet that's the only way I'll ever see them...)

jayber

Reaction score
Nice video clip.....thanks for sharing!!  D/l was ~15 mins @ 56K.  BTW, how do you post them?  I'm hoping to get some soon.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Nice video Curtiss, looks like your feeding all the critters around. I can't believe it costs that much for the IR lighting!! I guess it takes a bit more than just a few IR LED's.

Jayber,

It's my experience that the hardest part is getting the video onto the computer. Besides getting the actual footage! Then all you need to do it find a place to host it. If you are using realvideo, I can help you set it up to stream. Most other formats just launch the appropriate players' plugin.

CB

(Edited by coyotebandit at 12:08 pm on May 28, 2002)

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Thanks for the video Curtiss. Really neat seeing them at night. Sounds like a great setup. MC.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Neat video.

I bet that's the way to catch those monster bucks.

Seems like that's the only time I get pic's of nice bucks is at night.

Curtiss

Reaction score
Hello Jayber,
   I edit the picture with a Dazzle, then I post it in .mpg on the web site. Some web sites don't allow more than 2 meg at a time for a single event, so I use my buisness web site.
   I will post more video soon, of another infrared lighting soon. It gives as good as lighting, and much cheaper.
   I will be in South Dakota next week, then home, then back out of the country. I will go back to Belgrade Yu.
   I have sent a video system there so that I can get some wildlife video there. There is a big problem taking the system on the plane. When I last went to Russia, I couldn't get the system on the plane. So this time, I decided to ship it there ahead of my arrival.
   Take care all, and I will post again soon.
   Your Friend
   Curtiss

Top Bottom