injured doe pic

Minnesota bear

Reaction score
I have dar pics of this one eyed doe for 4 years and she showed up this week with a neck injury . Any guesses.

In the same spot I have another doe that is my only shot at a piebald with an extra white streak around the bridge of her nose . She also has been getting her pic taken for 4 years

suavegato

Reaction score
hard to tell, hard to say ? with all of the other spots of fur missing and in the same pic, that other deer "appears" to have some bare spots too... maybe mange? The neck, any body's guess... car? cat? yote? wolf? barbed wire? It is interesting however that there is so much hair missing around the neck wound? wouldn't think a predator attack would seemingly shave the hair off like that? maybe more of an auto type hit? high speed that scraped the hair off? interesting nonetheless... Oh, one more possibility, could just be mange and the injuries are from her scratching & rubbing it?

bpshorty9

Reaction score
looks like maybe she hit some barbed wire.... with the deer naturally shedding around now the hair is loose and barbed wire could scrape her up like that and remove a bunch of hair at the same time....

Mntngoat

Reaction score
Maybe caught up in a fence?
she looks healthy otherwise. I'd be looking to put her in the freezer this next season.

ML

wtnhunt

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mntngoat @ Apr 30 2008, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe caught up in a fence?
she looks healthy otherwise. I'd be looking to put her in the freezer this next season.

ML[/b]
Yep, would tend to agree with this.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom