Interesting Colored Deceased Hog (Photos)

CottonwoodHunting

Reaction score
Hello all. I have not posted recently but I figured I would share this picture. This is a hog I found on the ranch. It appears that this hog either died of natural causes or was shot and never recovered by a hunter, perhaps originally shot on a neighboring property. (Note: I did not look for injuries or gunshot wounds.) I am sharing because of the interesting coloring and also, it is interesting to me because I would have expected coyotes to have torn apart the hog. Based on the decomposition it appears that it had been there for some weeks or months.

2019-12-31 15.13.09.jpg

2019-12-31 15.13.18.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Probably has a disease of some sort, animals can tell and they wont touch it, wheres the buzzards.....tra

asaxon

Reaction score
Hi Cottonwood. It has been a long time since we saw you up there. How is your pig population doing? I always think of our hunt, the first on the property, with great fondness. What a wonderful place to stay. Better than the Ritz Carlton in my view.

That color on the pig is not that unusual in my experience but it is nice. I have a skin of a hog quite like that which I tanned for a fellow who asked me to shoot a black/white pig for the skin but who then disappeared so it still sits in my office.

BEST Andy
.IMG_7176.jpg

CottonwoodHunting

Reaction score
That color on the pig is not that unusual in my experience but it is nice. I have a skin of a hog quite like that which I tanned for a fellow who asked me to shoot a black/white pig for the skin but who then disappeared so it still sits in my office.
The way that photo is taken, at first I thought the photo was a close-up of the back of your head while sitting at an office chair and that you had dyed your hair with hog stripes! Looking more closely it appears to be the of photo of hog skin draped over the office chair. Very nice!

I fondly remember your hunt as well! Thanks for giving the ranch a shot years ago! The hog population is way up these days. I am not sure why but it may be that some of the nut trees on the property have matured.

Speaking of spotted hogs, here are a couple photos from about a week ago. Sorry for the light and shadow on the hog in the photo. I did not take the photos!

TimePhoto_20200111_104009.jpg

TimePhoto_20200111_104019.jpg

P304X4

Reaction score
Hi Andy
Maybe you could turn that hide into a pigskin coat? I'm sure it would drive the PETA furbies nuts!!

P304X4

Reaction score
Congrats on the pig Cottonwood.

Top Bottom