Introducing myself

Fins_N_Tines

Reaction score
I have been a member for almost a year, but just recently started using the forum. It's already been very informative and helpful. I just like reading other people's opinions and insight, which is how you keep learning.

I live in Moorpark, CA (Ventura Co) with my wife and newborn son. I have been backpack fly fishing the Sierras since 2011 and just started hunting in CA last year. I'm originally from Michigan so I have been whitetail hunting my whole life. I have been bite hard by the backpack hunting/fishing bug so all my gear and focus revolves around this style of hunting/fishing. I train hard all year and go on some crazy long trips. I am constantly tweaking and refining my gear and and definitely a gear junkie. This year I plan to archery and rifle hunt.

Due to my experience as a backpack hunter/fisher, please feel free to ask me any questions regarding gear and anything related to that style of hunting or fishing. This is a little bit about myself and hope to contribute to the forum where I can.

adam

socalkid

Reaction score
Nice to see someone else from Moorpark on here!

cjack

Reaction score
Welcome Adam, looking forward to hearing about your back country adventures. I've done quite a bit of backpacking in my past but not much while hunting, mostly fishing.

quaildeath

Reaction score
Welcome and good to see another buggy whipper on here. I know most of the drainages from Mammoth on down. Did Whitney twice. Welcome again!

If you need a quick fix, grab a 7-8 wt and hit the surf with full sink and straight 6-8 lb fluoro tip. Clousers man clousers.

Top Bottom