Iowa Non Res Drawings Up Online

Russell E Taylor

Reaction score
I just happened to breeze by there last night while I was here at work... and my fellow co-workers wondered why I jumped up, bouncing up and down (especially at my age), and why I was telling everyone to look at my computer screen.  Later, they said that they thought I'd won the lottery or something.  I said, "I DID!"  (True, not Lotto [Illinois] or PowerBall [Iowa], but it was a "lottery" I wanted to win, and I DID!!!)

Yes... I drew.  I got Zone 6, which has the 4th, 8th, and 9th highest (of 10) counties in Iowa for B&C and P&Y deer, "for all time."

My supervisor and her boyfriend camp at "a place" in Zone 6, and they always see "herds" of deer.  I can't even SPELL "herds of deer."  (HERDS????????)  Anyway... they're going to take me down there (it's only about two hours from me) sometime, to show me where they're seeing these "herds."

This was kind of nice, after not drawing for elk this year in Wyoming and not drawing for moose this year in Maine.  I guess "third time's the charm."

In fact, I was coming to this forum to share my good news, and saw this thread already waiting for me.

So... the way it stands now, I'm lined up for pronghorn in Wyoming in September, elk and mule deer (one tag each for a bull, cow, buck, and doe) in Montana in November, and deer in Iowa and Illinois in December.

I'm going to need another freezer.  I'm still working on eating up my bison.

Russ

(Edited by Russell E Taylor at 10:38 pm on June 15, 2002)

vman

Reaction score
Here are a couple of Zone 6 bucks from last year.  Season was shotgun 1.  We were done 10am opening day.  What county are you in?

Russell E Taylor

Reaction score
Wow!  I'm GREATLY inspired now, seeing Zone-6 deer like those!!!  I had to put in for Gun 2, because my Reserve unit ALWAYS schedules the December drill on the first weekend of that month (and most months, except November, when they screw with my Wisconsin deer hunting timeframe).

I'm in Rock Island County, Illinois.  I live and work in the Quad Cities.  I paid the insane $321 for Iowa's NR fee.  Whatever.  I've spent more for less in my life, what's a measily (?!) $321?  << cough >>  Anyway, the area is only two hours away from me, and I plan to take advantage of the public hunting areas in Zone 6.

Again, those are sure NICE deer!  Thanks for showing them to me!

Take care.

Russ

Top Bottom