IR Glass for D 360

scott@canoeist.ca

Reaction score
Ok, its been a long few weeks but I started cutting and grinding the glass. To make a long story short, my grinder packed it in. To get a new one is going to cost too much. So here's the deal....

I can pre cut the glass to close the size. It will be up to each person to grind it down to fit. You can use sand paper and a hole lot of elbow greese.

Instead of the $15 per glass I will be charging $5.00 a peice (it's a pain to cut it) This will give you a peice of glass that you can grind down to fit, but the thickness is perfect.

Sorry for the hassle, but this is the best I can do. If you are interested please send payment of $5.00 + $2.00 for shipping to scott.warnke@sasktel.net on Paypal.

You can find the directions on how to do the mod at

http://www.pixcontroller.com/Products/D360-340-IR.pdf

If you have any questions please email me at scott.warnke@sasktel.net

PaPaBob

Reaction score
I have seen diamond cuttom wheels for a dremmel. I think they were about $20 and they can do the job grinding down and smoothing the glass from Scott. Give that a try.

Here's a link with a number of diamond dremmel wheels: Dremmel Diamond Wheels

scott@canoeist.ca

Reaction score
Thanks Papa. It's not hard to do, but it was taking me 30 - 60 min per glass (Using a grinding wheel and sand paper. I found with the grinding wheel the glass was getting too hot and cracking. A lesson in frustration! lol), and my time is too short right now.

Scott

mongoose

Reaction score
I'm considering an IR attempt on one of my D360s setups. Can the IR filter be removed from the factory glass on these cameras? Also, could the camera function by removing the IR filter and not replacing it with glass?

scott@canoeist.ca

Reaction score
Hey Mongoose, the IR material is pressed between two pieces of glass that you cant take apart. So you can't do that, I wish you could, it would be much easier. As for not replacing the glass, that would not work, the sensor would be too close to the lens and would be out of focus. Thats why the thickness of the replacement of the glass is so important. I hope this helped, probably not the answer you were looking for, sorry

Top Bottom