IR sensor not detecting

ncsu

Reaction score
I had a camera out on the edge of a field in a bottom for about 2 weeks and got several nice pictures. I then moved it to another location (woods) where I put some corn and apples out. I can tell that deer and coons were in the bait pile (within 15 yards of camera). However, my camera never took one picture. When I went to take it down it was cloudy and the camera actually flashed when I walked in front of it (2 feet away). I assumed I would open it up to several nice pictures but that wasn't the case. What would make the sensitivity change? Before the pictures were taking 30 feet away or so and now it will only trigger 4 feet away. I just moved the camera to a tree closer to the bait for the time being but this camera has been nothing but frustrating when it comes the the IR sensor. Help me out guys!

Thanks,

Matt

bat

Reaction score
Hey Matt sorry to hear you are still having problems. Have you adjusted the pir sensitivity on your board? You do have the smooth side facing out on the fresnal right? No glass or anything over the fresnal, it should get way more distance then 30 feet away.

Check your email I just sent you one. Hang in there buddy!
bat

rjlasko

Reaction score
One other thing to check is to make sure your sensor board didn't shift during the move from one location to another because then your PIR sensor would not be centered on the fresnal lens. Hopefully your board is mounted securely in your case but it's something you might want to check. I had a screw loose (no comments guys) on my board one time and it caused the board to shift just enough where I lost about 8 - 10 feet of range.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom