Is it just me............

GM4X

Reaction score
Ready for fall & yote season?!?!?! At least for us who have a closed season. Lol.....I know some of you guys get to whack-em all year long

With my newly aquired desire to predator hunt, coupled by a new Savage .223......along with the burning desire to own a new remote digital caller is just driving me nuts

I'd mentioned before, I have permission to hunt yotes on land (required in off season here), and have been trying to hold-off till cooler weather.......but I set here looking at my new gun, my camo's hangin' in the closet, my mouth calls are in the bag (close to the door I might add) .....I don't know what to do???

Is there a ATYHA? (Addicted to 'yote hunting anonymous??) Someone tell me I'm not the only one goin' thru withdrawls

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
HA, no your not the only one going through (yote) withdrawls.

The only time I will hunt yotes during the summer is if I am in much higher elevation with cooler temp. Like the High Sierra's, but unfortunately it does not look like I will make it there this here.

Sooo, looks like it will be October before I get out again. Coyote hunting is my favorite pass time so is definitely driving me craz(ier). lol

Not sure if you made E mail available or not, but if so, I will drop you a line for another hint / info.

Frank

GM4X

Reaction score
lol....good to know, wasn't sure if I should start seeking therapy or not

Well, I'll just keep working on educating myself in the meantime, as well as getting all the equipment in order. Season will be in before we know it.......atleast that's what I keep telling myself. October 15th to Feb. 28th, but the State's in limbo as to extending the season I believe.

Got your mail & replied

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Does the land you have lined up to hunt have soybeans or hayfields?

Maybe you could bang away at some groundhogs for a couple months before Yote season. Love setting up in the shade of a big round hay bale and waiting for the hogs to come out and chew on some alfalfa (last meal?).

Good luck with that new Savage. Let me know what rounds work good for you. I have a couple new factory rounds to try out. Hope to hit the range at Jasper/Pulaski Saturday afternoon.

bayedsolid

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
This is the first time I've ever heard of a state having a closed season for Coyotes. Do you know what the logic is behind that? I'm always ready for summer to be over with though. I hate this time of year.

GM4X

Reaction score
inchr48- Beans on 3 sides, corn for miles across the road. You know I've never seen a gh around here. I used to live about 3 miles from her, and that property had a couple of ponds, & it was loaded with gh's. I may read some posts concerning them......maybe I've just been overlookin' em. The field between us was alfalfa until the past couple years it's turning back to field grass.

Thanks, I'm looking foward to sighting in the scope & putting it to use......maybe on some ghogs. Will do, I've got some Black Hills 52gr HPs to try out. Heard the white-box win's are pretty fair too. Good thing about here.....I can shoot in the back yard

bayedsolid-the "official season is Oct 15-Feb. 28 (but believe they are considering an extension of the season). I can hunt with written permission from landowner (which I have) for when 'yotes are a "problem".

Logic????.....haha....yeah, it's the government know-it-alls. I'm with you.....fall & winter for me......don't care for the heat all that much.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom