Is it time for a digital game camera or should I wait?

treestandman2

Reaction score
I finished my first and only game camera using an Owl PF and after a little trail and error I got back some pictures, I am hooked.  Before I start on my next one I got reading about going digital and think this maybe the way to go.  I've read about a couple different cameras and about Brian boards.  It seems things keep getting better.  Does anyone have a really good idea what to use or should I give it a month or two before I jump in.  I don't need the camera outfit until this coming fall so waiting is no big deal.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
If you haven't done a cam w/ a 3 wire hookup and a timer, do an owl w/ brians board or chip first. I would recommend you buy the board if you don't etch your own. After that, then tackle a digital. Just my openion.

Butch

Coues

Reaction score
You can now buy a digital from Cabela's for $299. I am not sure that you can make one for that right now. Cameras are still on the high side.

Dbworld

Reaction score
The only digital cam I saw for $299 can't really compare in pic quality to the less than $200 I spent.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I would believe that a digital trail cam for 299 would probibly be a piece in excretement.

Butch

Archilochus

Reaction score
HH,
That's a very tactful way of phrasing it ;-) .... But, from the reports I've heard, very accurate!

Archilochus

Latest Posts

Top Bottom