Is Obama’s honeymoon with the libs in the WH press over?

Tinknocker101

Reaction score
Obama stacks the deck at his town hall meetings and finally gets called on the carpet by the liberal press. His spokesman Gibbs:confused: had no answers. Duh!
Short video in link below:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mitchell-blatt/2009/07/01/helen-thomas-chip-reid-question-white-house-control-media

At a press conference 7-1-09, Helen Thomas and CBS’s Chip Reid got into it with Robert Gibbs over how the administration has been prepackaging media events.

First Reid asked why the questions for Wednesday’s town hall on healthcare were being preselected. After Gibbs tried to dodge that question a few times, Thomas became involved, saying, “We have never had that in the White House. I’m amazed that you people … call for openness and transparency.” :stir pot:
The full exchange between Thomas and Gibbs is below:
HELEN THOMAS: We have never had that in the White House. We have had some control [inaudible]. I’m amazed that you people who call for openness and transparency…
ROBERT GIBBS: You haven’t even heard the questions.
CHIP REID: It doesn’t matter. It’s the process. Even if there’s a tough question, it’s a question coming from somebody who was invited and who was screened or the question was screened.
GIBBS: Chip, Chip, lets have this discussion at the conclusion of the town hall meetings.
THOMAS: No, no, no, we’re having it now.
GIBBS: Well, I’d be happy to have it now.
THOMAS: It’s a pattern.
GIBBS: Which questions do you object to at the town hall meeting?
THOMAS: It’s a pattern.
GIBBS: What’s a pattern?
THOMAS: It’s a pattern of controlling the press.
GIBBS: How so? Is there any evidence going on that I’m currently controlling the press? Poorly, I might add.
THOMAS: Your formal engagements are prepackaged.
GIBBS: How so?
REID: Well, and controlling the public.
THOMAS: How so? By calling reporters the night before to tell them they’re going to be called on. That is shocking.
GIBBS: We’ve had this discussion ad nauseum, and uh…
THOMAS: Of course you would, because you don’t have any answers.
GIBBS: Uh, well, because I didn’t know you were going to ask a question, Helen.
THOMAS: Well you should have.
GIBBS: Have you emailed your question today?
THOMAS: I don’t have to email. I can tell you right now what I want to say.
GIBBS: I don’t doubt that at all, Helen.
REID: Actually, could you pass along a question from all of us to the president: Is he going to support a tax increase on the middle class?

Happy 4th of July :patiotic-wavin-flag

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
They can't allow the Anointed One to answer questions without his pre-prepared teleprompter. He might actually let the sheeple know how clueless he really is.

Sodhunter

Reaction score
He was elected because the media catered to him while they gave Biden a pass on every stupid thing he said and crucified and set up Palin every chance they got. He and the media are one at this point. Eventually the people will grow wise and the media will have to sacrifice him to save their ass. He is easily sacrificed because he is too stupid to be a long term political asset anyway. Clinton was ten times as smart as him and they finally sacrificed him when it behoeved them. The sheeple are stupid, but not retarded. I predict Obama will stop his constant media barage and press conferences/free campaign spots when people figure out that he contradicts himself every other time he opens his mouth and he is all talk and promises and no results. Everyone wants what he is promising, but will hate what he delivers. Thanks Obama voters.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom