is there a butcher/game processor near choppers?

sancho

Reaction score
ok, not to get all FULL of myself, but even crazy squirrels run across a nut or two. i hate to waste game. i find the best way, for me, is to let a pro process the animal. is there a good butcher around there? nothing sadder than my butcher skills.

thanks.

cliff.

sancho

Reaction score
the bay area. i know it is far, but wasting meat is not really an option.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
sorry bra, im from so,cal ,cant help you,im sure one of the nor cal dudes will chime in to help a brother out,have a great hunt at chops,and take alot of pictures!!!

upper

Reaction score
Clif ,do it yourself,it is just a pig. Upper

Flatbroke

Reaction score
freedom meat locker in watsonville is where I go from time to time. They make some good smoked sausage non-smoked sausage.

kelly106

Reaction score
Sancho, Corralitos market as well as freedom, either or Chopper will give you plenty of options! Have fun, be safe, and enjoy some great property to hunt!

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Corralitos is open 7 days. Freedom is closed Sunday and Monday - you'll need to call the number on the recording to meet a butcher there to drop off your hog.

Both rock, both charge about the same, and both are pretty easy to get to from Hollister.

daddy63

Reaction score
If it's not too far for ya, Los Gatos meats does a great job, smoked hams, sausage, you name it. They are pricey though but worth it in my mind if you're not going to cut your own.

Good luck.

PIGIG

Reaction score
i have used them for years and they doa great job

"Just make sure your hog is skinned and very clean he will refuse it if it is not!"

Dittmers Web SIte

Dittmer's Meats

400 San Antonio Road
Mountain View, CA
(650) 941 - 3800
Store Hours: Monday-Friday 9-6 and Saturday 9-5

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
stop at Los gatos Meats and smoke house they have 2 stores 1 in San jose and the other in Los gatos. They do a great job. and its closer if you live in san jose. Talk to Johnny,Brian or Jacky. Tell them Pat in Gilroy Reffered you.
Los Gatos Meats & Smokehouse
575 University Ave
Los Gatos CA 95030
Phone 408.354.7055

Rick

Reaction score
Man! It's lunchtime, I'm hungry and I just checked out Dittmer's website...

I wish I could get there for lunch!!!

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
If you’re close to Napa there is Browns Valley Market. They make the best salami and pepperoni sticks in CA. If you live close, it’s worth the drive.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Had to cut mine up last weekend because the locker I take all my game to closed up shop. The old man finally decided to retire, wished I had known that before we had left. He was the best. We could come by his house on Sunday afternoon and he would go open up and take our game. They just don't make'em like that anymore. So when you do find a butcher, BECOME HIS FRIEND. A good butcher that will take wild game is getting harder to find. And talk to him before you go, so if you need to make a drop off during non-business hours you will be able to do so. I took my guy for granted and ended up doing it myself, when he retired.

PIGIG

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rick @ Mar 21 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Man! It's lunchtime, I'm hungry and I just checked out Dittmer's website...

I wish I could get there for lunch!!![/b]
you might want to try and get there early! i have sen the line out the door.

Top Bottom