Is there a way to reuse that "test" film?

gizz

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knows a way to re-use a roll of film after it has rewound? I like to test using film sometimes and being able to use a "test" roll would save me some time and aggravation later down the road.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I popped the end off a roll so I could get the film back out when the tail gets rolled all the way in

Wal-Mart pulled some tails back out for me when I accidentally rolled in a good roll of film (twice now)  She said they have a sticky thing that grabs the film to get it out,  I tried a Bent paper clip to grab the holes with no luck

Tinhorn

mkacala697

Reaction score
maybe try tying a couple inch piece of fishing line to the last hole, that way when it rewinds somethings still sticking out

bigmandude

Reaction score
camera shops used to sell empty reusable canisters for people that buy film in 100' rolls and wind there own.  i guess they would still have them.

TruShot

Reaction score
Their is a tool called a film lead retriever that you could buy. It cost $7 it slides into the felt opening on the canister and grabs the end of the film to pull it out. Larger camera stores should have them or you can get one from porters.com.

davered1

Reaction score
gizz,

just do what tinhorn said,thats what I do.Just pop the end cap off of a roll and "rethread" film.then "snap" the end back in place.

I have reused a roll about 20 times now

gizz

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what i needed to know. Will save me some money when i test. Lately i've been using the 12 exp rolls that come with the cams but it seemed like a waste. For those wondering why i test with film, it's cause I like to eliminate any variables that may not work in the field. I've had a cam or two fail with film in it so now I like to run a test roll to make sure the film advances and rewinds at the end.

Top Bottom