Is this a No No?

Rooter

Reaction score
I need to know if I made a mistake mounting my MS20 in my case.  I mounted the enclosure minus the top cover to the bottom of a plastic case.  I cut a hole in the bottom of the case so the switch would now be accessable from the inside of the case. I wanted access to the switch which is normally on the bottom when in the housing so I mounted it upside down in the housing (switch up.)  I did take the shield (not sure name) that is between the board and the lense and mounted it the correct way.  I had to use the dremel tool to modify it a little.  I then mounted the fresnel lense the correct way in the enclosure.  I am planning on blocking some of the lense with tape to limit its view and range.  Will this work OK with the board upside down now?  I was planning on putting the cam out this weekend.

(Edited by Rooter at 1:24 am on Mar. 23, 2002)

(Edited by Rooter at 1:26 am on Mar. 23, 2002)

TmKarren

Reaction score
I believe it will.  It's just sideways that I think you would have a problem.  I would try it out first though if you put a LED on there to test.  It don't look like you have one.  Just put the camera in with no film.  It will tell you if it will work.  Good job on the box.  Looks nice.

homer

Reaction score
Rooter, Welby wrote a while back in "Random Thought" post that he installed his senor upside down and it worked just as well. By the way nice looking camera box we got going there.  Homer

davered1

Reaction score
rooter,

I build all mine with the sensor upside-down. Works great and you can use switch to flip between time delays(as long as you remove the night sensor). I just leave that white plastic out. Works great on mine.

Getting pretty fancy on the flash hole ,eh?

:smiley-thumbs-up:

Rooter

Reaction score
Whew, I was getting nervous trying to think how to remount it without ruining the case.  You know I have not put a LED on any of mine because I haven't been able to get one to work.  I must be using the wrong LED's or something.  It is a waste because I always have a wasted pic when I turn the cam on.  Thanks guys.

Rooter

max

Reaction score
Rooter,
What box is that your using? I like it...easy access with a water proof seal.Does it close up tight with those clips?

Rooter

Reaction score
It is called a Dry Box it is made by Northwest River Supplies.  It is $6.95 and seals real tight.  It has a water tight gasket.  It spray some paint on it and it is ready to go.  It is not to big and can fit an MS20 or RS-PIR.  I like it.  

Click here to find it.

Rooter

bat

Reaction score
Rooter, good looking cam.  Thanks for sharing....good price and great shipping of under $1.00 sounds good.  Keep up the good work!

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Rooter, Good lookin cam. I saw you mentioned that you couldn't get and led to work. There is one thing I have learned with LEDs it matters how you wire them up,if it doesn't work one way switch your wires around.I use RS part# 276-270 Hope this helps.

Top Bottom