Is this for real-handgun ammo law

chap_dog48

Reaction score
I was sent this by a friend. If this stuff is true WOW! Get ready to fight this one out. We are in some serious crap! What do you guys think.

I for one will just go buy ammo in another state and bring it back if this type of crap happens. Then the Tax Money from the Pittman-Robertson Act will not help the governmental yahoo's in this state.

*/_More insanity from the liberal idiots running califonia:
coop

CALIFORNIA:_/ *Assembly to Consider Severe Restrictions on Ammunition Sales! <http://www.ilaalerts.org/UM/T.asp?A1.2.2812.8.3493037> On Tuesday, April 8, the Assembly Public Safety Committee will consider legislation that would require gun owners to obtain a "permit-to-purchase" before buying handgun ammunition. Assembly Bill 2062 would require that law-abiding gun owners obtain a permit to buy handgun ammunition and would impose severe restrictions on the private transfers of handgun ammunition. Applicants for a "permit-to-purchase" would be required to submit to a background check, *pay a $35 fee*, and *wait as long as 30 days to receive the permit.* Under AB2062, it would be unlawful to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer's name, driver's license, the quantity, caliber and type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice or the number of his handgun ammunition purchase permit. All ammunition sales in the State of California would be subject to a *$3 per transaction tax*. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines. *Please contact the members of the Assembly Public Safety Committee and your State Assembly Member /_TODAY_/ and respectfully urge them to oppose this onerous attack on our Second Amendment freedoms.* Please click here <http://www.ilaalerts.org/UM/T.asp?A1.2.2812.8.3493037> for contact information. Please pass this on to your friends.

billrob

Reaction score
If they slam this through look out for shotshells and long gun ammunition and components next.

chap_dog48

Reaction score
here is the link that I forgot to put a link on in the above info

Link to NRA Site on AB

I have send off a series of letters to those listed on the NRA site. We shall see what they have to say.

Ferd Berfull

Reaction score
My brother worked in the Michigan House of Representatives for the appropriation committee for many years, not as an elected official but as a high level grunt for the Reps. I have never forgotten his response to my anger about a bill one day when he told me "Any rep can file a bill about anything, it's politics, it doesn't mean it will ever make it out of committee and on to the floor for any real serious consideration" There are thousands of bills written and submitted that never see the light of day, or, like this one, will not have a chance (hopefully). Politics says I.

Coues

Reaction score
Hopefully, the Supreme Court is about to end this BS, once and for all.

chuam

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coues @ Mar 28 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hopefully, the Supreme Court is about to end this BS, once and for all.[/b]
Unfortunately the Supreme Court decision will have very little bearing on this as it is not a right to bear arms issue.

On a side note I thinkit's crap and doubt it will pass. If they do this to handgun ammo then they will try to do it for shotshells eventually. I would be screwed as I buy all my waterfowl ammo online.

I already sent my letters on this.

Coues

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chuam @ Mar 28 2008, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coues @ Mar 28 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately the Supreme Court decision will have very little bearing on this as it is not a right to bear arms issue.

On a side note I thinkit's crap and doubt it will pass. If they do this to handgun ammo then they will try to do it for shotshells eventually. I would be screwed as I buy all my waterfowl ammo online.

[/b][/quote]

"...and shall not be infringed on." That covers ammo too, IMO. How can you bear arms without ammo?

chuam

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coues @ Mar 28 2008, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chuam @ Mar 28 2008, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coues @ Mar 28 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

"...and shall not be infringed on." That covers ammo too, IMO. How can you bear arms without ammo?
[/b][/quote]

If it were an outright banning of ammo it wouldn't fly but the regualtion of it has a chance to pass. They have precedent to set this up as there are certain types of ammo that are not legal to buy.

canadagoose

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coues @ Mar 28 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
After the court confirms our right to have guns, the government will decide we don't have a right to have any ammo for them.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom