Is your Garden started yet???

KTKT70

Reaction score
Last year we had a good thread about the home gardens y'all have. I remember someone had real nice raised beds with water on the end of each bed. I would love that set up someday.

What at are y'all up to this year? Let's hear about your plans or what's done already .

Last edited:

solus

Reaction score
My garden got destroyed due to winter but some of my strawberries are coming back. Not sure which variety though. Words of advice...plant strawberries in their own planter they take over and kill other plants

JohnCo

Reaction score
I have some early tomatoes started. Last year I had some cucumbers growing up this trellis thing and it worked great keeping them off the damp ground. I want to improve on that, maybe try some kale *barf*

ranchwife

Reaction score
We still have 2 months until we can plant. Nothing gets planted in Modoc until at least Memorial day and we can always bet on a frost around June 15th.

KTKT70

Reaction score
I kind of wish we had more frost days coming. It's crazy that's it's been in the high 80s already.

KTKT70

Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg Just a small start. All my peppers are holdovers from last year. The new stuff is mixed green, crookneck squash, zucchini, and 2 kinds of tomatoes. Will add a little more in the next few weeks.

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
I grew a lot of okra and cayenne peppers last year, Im getting ready to plant again pretty soon. Not sure what yet though, other than peppers, okra, and cilantro

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
Well I bought a raised bed kit and some Habanero and Cilantro seeds, I gotta go get some new soil and maybe a couple more pots too. I usually start my seeds indoors and put them in pots outside after the last frost, which is usually around mid to late April. Theres nothing going on hunting wise this time of year except my occasional attempts to get a coyote. Spring and summer is gardening and catfish season for me.

ranchwife

Reaction score
Evidence of why we can't start planting a garden until the end of May...
Capture.JPG

Planetcat

Reaction score
I've decided I'm going to plant a grapefruit tree to go with my Eureka lemon tree and navel orange tree. It'll take a few years before the seeds produce anything, but looking forward to seeing how this will work out. Also going to plant some nice Roma tomatoes, yellow squash, and melons when the weather gets warm for longer than a few days.

KTKT70

Reaction score
Well I bought a raised bed kit and some Habanero and Cilantro seeds, I gotta go get some new soil and maybe a couple more pots too. I usually start my seeds indoors and put them in pots outside after the last frost, which is usually around mid to late April. Theres nothing going on hunting wise this time of year except my occasional attempts to get a coyote. Spring and summer is gardening and catfish season for me.
. I like the catfish idea. Those are fun to fish and eat. Do you like hot peppers? I have the hottest kind you can get your hands on. I may have seeds. If not they are from the number 3 hottest pepper. Crazy stuff. I don't eat them. Just grow for fun and to give away.

P304X4

Reaction score
None this year but maybe one next year.

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
Currently, I have various tomatoes, cucumber, pole beans and bell peppers in my green house. I am at 5000ft, so I will be starting others in there as well. I do have strawberry coming in and fruit trees are blossoming

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
kTKT70, I usually grow cayenne peppers and use them to make my own louisiana style hot sauce. But this year Im also gonna dry some and make my own cayenne powder. Im also gonna try growing Habanero's this year, also for hot sauce. Last year was my first attempt at growing okra and it did really good. I grow all my stuff in pots, down here in the desert we dont have good soil.

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
My greenhouse is starting to shape up. This greenhouse is at about 4,950ft so I have to keep plants in for a longer period of time. IMG_1881.jpg

quaildeath

Reaction score
Just started heirloom beefsteak tomatoes by Bonnie. Looking to get 6-8 foot and over 1 pound fruits from 15 gal pots hopefully.
Helped a older buddy out doing drip lines with defusers and some of the work took out a bunch of chives. Took those and put them in 24"x24" patch with new soil yesterday. Watered and they are already starring to stand up. Happy.

sportyg

Reaction score
nothing yet still building my houseBack of my house.jpg

KTKT70

Reaction score
Good luck with the house. We got ours a year and a half ago. Still have to finish the back yard. Our lot is a little over 13k sq feet. Lots of dirt in back that needs to be developed. No pool this time but lots of plants and grass. We just got the water and drain system put in. Also concrete is done. Baby steps for us. Back yard is super expensive projects.

Top Bottom