• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

It will kill a pig, deer bear.

OPAH

Not as good as I hoped for, but It will do. Didn't have a solid rest, had to shoot off hand from the bench.
Bottom right hand is mine to the left my son in law's, by the end of day he had all three consistently in
the while. We were shooting at 150 yards, Targets were 6" X 4" with a 2" dot

OPAH

Ya nothing to brag about, new rounds didn't tune the barrel. But it will do for now

solus

So i take it you are reloading? Seems like you might need to try a different load. Some powders just dont like some rifles or bullets. I have the same bullet with the same oal with different powder charges and powders shooting 200yards within a silver dollar. No rest but a couple of sand bags. Could also be barrel temp, wind or finger control.

TheGDog

Ya nothing to brag about, new rounds didn't tune the barrel. But it will do for now
It's CRAZY how differently the SAME rifle will shoot different manufacturers rounds! The absolute WORST ammo I ever tried was FIOCCHI Shooting Dynamics in .308

After having just gotten like 3 inch groups (due more to shooter issues than anything) with Federals... went over to those FIOCCHI's and NO WAY!!! Not a single one of them even hit the paper of the Shoot-N-See OR... the White Cardboard background I had them sitting in front of!

dunderee

It's CRAZY how differently the SAME rifle will shoot different manufacturers rounds! The absolute WORST ammo I ever tried was FIOCCHI Shooting Dynamics in .308

After having just gotten like 3 inch groups (due more to shooter issues than anything) with Federals... went over to those FIOCCHI's and NO WAY!!! Not a single one of them even hit the paper of the Shoot-N-See OR... the White Cardboard background I had them sitting in front of!
Fiocchi makes good bullets, I've never had an issue with them. But I have to agree different bullets and loads like different barrels. A lot has to with the twist rate. Different twist rate can stabilize different bullet weights.

OPAH

Getting set up to make our non-lead loads, was using factory rounds just a different brand this time
I have a Browning 06 BOSS, can tune the harmonics of the barrel to the rounds, didn't have the time this time
Had two others to sight in and it took a lot of round to get them good at 150.
And yes a solid rest would have been great except I left the adjustment wrench at home for my hitch rest and it
was at the perfect height for the smallest of us to stand and shoot, for the other and me was to tall to sit and to low to stand.
Did some mods on it and added a tool box to it, we should be set next time out

OPAH

That Marlin 47/70 use to kick the bejeevers out of you until we had the Magna port brake installed, very sweet now

Top Bottom