It's Begun!

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
Lil late getting to my spot this morning and was a bit worried....
Hadn't been out since before the Texas hunt and it was slow then...Let's just say it's gotten better since then.
At least five mature tom's bailed out of the roost setting down in the pasture and beyond...Hen's hit the ground next and I noticed not as many as before, so they should be nesting.

Tom's proceeded to chase each other around a bit and then saw Ms. Bobb'n...I think with being late setting up, they weren't to sure about it, and started to skirt me a bit, then cruise by. Three went by and three decided to sit out at about 25 and look.
All I needed and the SteelHead 100 took him right before the wing butt and shattered the offside wing. He cart-wheeled and that was it.

Two year old Rio, 19# 8" beard and 3/4" spurs....Feels good to have the first one on the ground!

Attachments

YOUNG BUCK

Banned
Reaction score
Nice! Way to get it done, get home and post up and make the rest of us feel like under achievers!
Congrats

BOHNTR

Reaction score
George.....there is no one more dialed in on bowhunting big ol' toms than you! Congratulations on another fine bird! I've got a feeling they'll be another on the ground shortly.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Nice Job bro! You have it wired. I can't wait to see the master at work.

I found the same thing over the weekend near the coast. All the toms were grouped up and scrapping a little. I never even saw a hen with them. They were difinitely nested up.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BOHNTR @ Apr 22 2008, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
George.....there is no one more dialed in on bowhunting big ol' toms than you! Congratulations on another fine bird! I've got a feeling they'll be another on the ground shortly.[/b]
Thank ya sir, every once in a while the stars line up.....

Thanks guys.......

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Smackin down a big tom with a bow is quite the accomplishment. Your smile says it all. Many congrats mi amigo.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
love it Ike! nice bow
kill my friend, were you in the darkhorse? the only turkey shots i taken lately is with my digital but their good shots! hopefully i can get a crack at one at Choppers in a couple of weeks, paper targets just dont taste the same!.........................tra

jkvshooter

Reaction score
Way to go Ike! I'm living vicariously through all you guys. No turkeys in guam. LOL. Jkvshooter

Gyopo

Reaction score
There you go again.
Make us mere mortal hunters feel bad. lol
Actaully motivates me.
Nice job!!!!

You are kinda like the Bubba Gump of Turkey.
You have whacked so many
"Forrest. There's Turkey jerkey, there's smoked turkey, there's Turkey gumbo..."

So, do you put on a Predator camo leotard and cape when you fly around?

BTW nice pics again.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gyopo @ Apr 24 2008, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There you go again.
Make us mere mortal hunters feel bad. lol
Actaully motivates me.
Nice job!!!!

You are kinda like the Bubba Gump of Turkey.
You have whacked so many
"Forrest. There's Turkey jerkey, there's smoked turkey, there's Turkey gumbo..."

So, do you put on a Predator camo leotard and cape when you fly around?

BTW nice pics again.[/b]
Come on now....
Where you been Gyopo?
I have to say though, it's hard to beat smoked Turkey, that and Cajun nuggets...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom