It's that time again...

Chairman

Reaction score
There's 1 day left of bow season - but yesterday was it for me....

I tried for my own version of a "grand slam" - a deer in all 3 seasons - bow, rifle & muzzleloader.  I hunted more than I ever have, this year - I'm exhausted.  I was able to get one deer during rifle season, and one deer during muzzleloader season.  I struck out during bow season.  But, that's OK -  I had the best time ever.

My freezer's full, and I ain't complaining.  This is the first year/season I wasn't sick - that's why I was able to spend so much time in the woods.  Now it's time to sit back and reflect on my new memories.  After all, the only other thing to do is wait till next year!

I hope everyone's season was as memorable as mine...

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Same here,Sunday was my last day,time to do some more projects,start useing my cams and getting ready for next year.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Time to pack up everything on my back porch and put it in the basement till next year.

Well, bow season is only 9 months away!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I really blew it and didn't hunt last w/e, a little windy but good temps, burn-out!  ha ha

I also blew it on bagging game, didn't even go Modern Gun Season, 1st time in 20 years probably, and ML Season, I made a bad hit on an 8 ptr, at least not found after trailing and searching for 3-1/2 hrs, the 1st deer that ever got away from my ML (got ~15, all one shot kills up to now.....
(I know how you felt Chairman)

and bow season..... altho I seen some good bucks, none close enough and passed on the does and little guys!

Early on, we lost 3 hunting locations for one reason or another and it took the wind out of my sails I guess.......Next year tho ! ! !  !

BTW PassThru, ever hunt WhiteWater?

Tinhorn

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 No,i never have hunted it,have you or anyone else ever hunted Reform,up by JeffCity,its bow only(Power plant) Lots of land!!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I've hunted up there maybe 10 years ago (at Reform) and boy were there deer sign! but the Deer have been Nuked because they are invisible  :eat-burger:

I think they were all Nocturnal, seen lots of rabbit hunters too but I only hunted there maybe 3 or 4 times

Tinhorn

coyote170

Reaction score
Started a new job last August so working weekends
put a damper on most of the season for me. I am
getting ready for turkey season[ bow only] so am
getting my cams out in about a month never used
them on turkeys before so am curious to see if
they will work on them!

overdrawn

Reaction score
I have some areas spotted myself for turkey scouting. I will try and get out there tomorrow. I'm also wondering if ya guys do any shed hunting here? When is the best time? I've read they drop the racks in Janurary, but some have told me March is the best time to really look. Heard some of the fencelines are good areas to look, they hop the fence and clunk goes the rack.

(Edited by overdrawn at 8:05 pm on Feb. 4, 2002)

Chairman

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for turkey season, myself.  I usually look for antlers, while I'm out scouting for turkey locations.  I have a well worn deer path going through my property.  There's a place where they jump to cross the creek - a great place to watch for sheds.My wife saw a buck that had recently shed his antlers.  I guess now's the time to go lookin' - before the mice & whatever gets to 'em!

Top Bottom