Jesse

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I have only been a member for a very short time and I have to say that you have a great site.
 The bad thing is you guys have got me in trouble with the wife,Why? you ask,well ill tell you,since ive found your site im building feeders and trail cameras lol you know what im saying?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
passthru,

glad to have you aboard here. You're on your own though in the wimmens dept.

EVAN III

Reaction score
     Just wanted to say thanks for all the new stuff you've added. Always a pleasure to see new things. Some of the new topics sure make it easier to find what your looking for. Well keep up the good work and we all appriciate what your doin. Hope to see some of you in arrowhead this weekend. If not have fun and Happy Hunting.

Evan III

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Jesse, I have to agree with Evan, you have done an awsome job on your forum, and you have it so well put together with all the info one could ever need. Keep up the great job.:usa-flag-raisin:

Brad

Reaction score
My Hat is off to ya Jesse! Excelent site! If ya ever want to hunt in NY let me know the door is  always open

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words you guys, Credit really should go to all the members here who share their knowledge and stories with all of us.

Thank you all.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Has anyone here heard of Battlecomm? it is for gamers as well as Roger Wilco.
 The reason i ask is this,as Admins and moderators it would come in handy discussing things of importance in real time without typing.these programs are free and you have no phone bill,all you need is a mic and speakers.
 If someone useing cable hosts a session it can be left up 24/7 and the addy posted here,all you have to do is log onto it and start talking,i have been on Bcomm with as many as 16 people at a time with no lag,you can hear everyone just like a party line even when you are talking to them.
 This program will not slow your system while you have it on either,you are able to surf the web also.Battlecomm is by far the best but it is unavailable,i know where you can get it though for free,i also have it and could upload it to an FTP site for download.
 Just a thought.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Most of my time here is spent while I am at work.  I doubt talking over the computer will fly here.  Icq and Yahoo are fine though to send messages... atleast till they tell me different.

ToddP

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hey Passthru,

I've got the mic and have used the voice feature with Firetalk and several others. I'm on a dial up at home and it just sucks sometimes so I don't use it much. AOL instant messenger or Yahoo messenger works for real time and no hassles with dial ups.

shaginator

Reaction score
I just registered last night. First off "hello" to all. I also gotta say that, after an almost decade-long hiatus from hunting, this site -- including this forum -- has been the most informative resource on the web to get me caught up on the goings on with California hunting (and beyond) today. Thanks to Jesse and all the members who have posted here. Look forward to learning more.

Hook

Reaction score
shaginator, welcome to Jesses. :wavin: Just have fun, there are alot of great people here.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 shaginator,let me be the second to welcome you aboard.Now warm up the hunting eguipment and get back to nature with us:)

sportyg

Reaction score
Shaginator,

Another welcome, from a Jesses hunting page web fan !!

Sporty

Reaction score
First off, Kudos to Jesse. Second welcome Shaginator.
Sporty

Brad

Reaction score
Have tried firetalk, and deleated it . Have ICQ use it alot #20035498 Just mention Jesse's so I know who ya are . AOL ,won't have anything to do with them.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I would like some info if you dont mind giving it.
 First let me tell you why im interested,im a member of a gaming community,a club of oldmen who play Real time strategy games online,we use EZboard for our forums and to put it plain EZboard is free but sucks.Im thinking of getting an ikonboard for this club.
 But I dont know these answers,Im assuming that Ikonboard is software that i have to purchase? where to purchase? How much? is it easy to maintain? i do have some web space of my own that gets me away from pop ups and advertising,but i dont know how much space i need from a server to run Ikonboard? i do know that there are about 50 members in this club and the total registured users (visitors from other clubs) is just under 600.
 Let me end with this note,i have no intentions of another hunting club,you have the best hunting club that i have seen and beleive me i have looked high and low at most of them out there,your hunting page is a class act,no hot heads and the info you have put together from every source you can find makes it unbeatable.
 Anyhow any info you would provide would be great,you can email it if you like,and im in no hurry,so just whenever you get time.
  Thanx

Kickaha

Reaction score
http://www.ikonboard.com should answer most of your questions.  There are a ton of these forum systems out there.  Some free, some very $$$.  You generally don't need a lot of space to install the system.  You need space to store the messages generated by the users.  So how much space you need depends on how popular your forum becomes.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom