Jester's Quail Pics

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
JesterSoCalifa sent me these pics of some quail shooting. Nice shooting Jester and buds.

Irish Lad

Reaction score
Jester,
In what general vicinity are all these quail at? I would rather shoot quail than doves.

Fubar

Reaction score
Jester Way to go! Nice pics too.             Fubar

JesterSoCalifa

Reaction score
Thanks Fubar and thank you Jesse for posting these pics. As for Irish our dear Lad, well "in general" these Valley Quail were taken in So. Califa. and next time you ask me such a question try my other ear cause this one I'm a bit deaf in. All that aside I will say that Sweet Spots, Honey Holes and the like are found through days and I mean days of scouting most times before the Dove opener when some hunters are unwilling to leave the air/cond house. When these areas are found they are nurtured and cared for through many years of hard work, sweat and even a few tears when a burn or a plow combined with a year or two of drought have almost wiped the Quail from the earth. Like the saying says "90% of your game is in 10% of any given area", I know this to be very true. I harvest Quail from these locations in no specific order, Lake Henshaw, Lake Mathews, Lake Perris, Mystic Lake, Temecula, Palm Springs, La Quinta, Niland, Brawley, Whitewater, Victorville, Lucerne Valley, Barstow, Essex Rd., Palmdale, Pinion Hills and the San Gab. Mtn's both east and west of the 15/215 fwy. I hope this narrows it down for ya. As I wrote in in another Quail Chat Forum, you may also want to contact the DFG Biologists in an area you wish to hunt, they can be found in this website with tele #'s. Good luck and stay safe.

Irish Lad

Reaction score
Jester,
It appears I have offended you. This was not my intention. I thought by general vicinity you or anybdy else would not think I was trying to "steal their hotspot". I appreciate the value of good scouting as well. That is why when I posted about 2nd half for doves I mentioned El Centro(general vicinity) and you replied with your dove and excellent quail report. In short if I have offended you I apologize.

JesterSoCalifa

Reaction score
I am not and was not offended by your question so there is no need for an apology. I intended to inject a bit of humor and sarcasm but I'll leave that stuff out on future replies. Oh yes, all of those locations I have shot Quail in also there is Blythe, Havasu, Parker, Needles, Verde, Yuma, Desert Center, Red Cloud, Painted Canyon, Bermuda Dunes and Twentynine Palms. If you ever want main roads and directions to get ya close, e-mail me and I'll see what I can do on some locations. Enjoy your Christmas

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom