Jetboil fule

CA Bowhunter

Reaction score
I need some information on jetboil fuel canister, how long do they last? I know it depends on how many times you use it in a day, Can you get by with one canister on a 10 day hunt or should you take two canisters? Blake

brave52000

Reaction score
If you are going to be on a 10-day solo hunt than 2 canisters will do the trick. I've used 1 canister for 2 people over 5 days before, and on the 5th day that canister ran empty. I wouldn't want to run out of fuel on the 8th or 9th day, so take the extra canister and that way you won't have to worry about running out of fuel. If more than one person is going to be using the stove on your trip than I would suggest taking a 3rd canister.

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
brave hit the nail on the head...i was going to suggest 2 canisters as well.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
How many meals a day are you talking, Kirk don't you do two a day?

If you are doing just dinner, no coffee or other uses besides dinner, if may be where one canister is possible, but I would still probably go with two canisters.

For three and four day trips one has been more than enough for me, but I was only running one boil a day.

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, i'll eat two per day~ pro pack for lunch, then the biggun' for dinner.

I always write on the bottom of the canister when it was purchased and how many days in the field it's been used.....i'd hate to grab a used canister and run out of fuel half way thru a trip.

Archer32

Reaction score
Take two and slap these on...
Visit My Website

You'll have a very good idea of how much is left.... I use them on Jetboil gas cans.....

RosinBag

Reaction score
FYI, David Long wrote an article in Eastman's about six months or so ago. He was able to get two cups of water to boil 19 times from one JetBoil fuel cannister. So it will certainly depend on how many meals you will be cooking.

Doug.

brave52000

Reaction score
Another quick note, when I boil water for my Mountain House dinners I usually only end up boiling 1 1/2 cups of water. I've found that a full two cups leaves most of the dinners looking like soup. This might save a little bit of fuel off David Long’s experiment.

Top Bottom