jewelry

bandblaster

Reaction score
did anyone get any bands this year i had a chance at 2 blues got 1 eagle head had a chance at 2 collered snows diff times and a banded honker some guy about a mile and a half over gave me the bird but it was missing something we saw the band in the binoculers

Duckit

Reaction score
How's this for a day - Early December I take my 14 year old to our rice field blind.  He shoots his first goose ever, a Ross. Better yet it has a band and  a collar!!  Many years of hunting and I've never got a collared bird.

Too make the day even better I got a banded bullsprig a couple hours later.  Only band for me all year.

huntducks

Reaction score
In 46 years of hunting I have never got a banded duck, last year I got two geese both private bands, Sun. my dog found a crippled goose a USFWS band, I have shot 2 snows with collars one green one orange (the orange was from Russia) I did get a drake pin at Mendota 12 or so years ago with a radio transmitter & reward.

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
I harvested 8 banded mallards and my ten year old got 1 mallard and his first banded honker this season.  

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Got my first band on the last day - Sunday (Gadwall hen...got the drake too as the two came over my gadwall dekes).  First one in 37 years!  And I have shot a lot of birds.

grizz

Reaction score

jerry d

Reaction score
Drake Mallard.

He didn't want to give it up. Had to chase him across the rice check to collect the band.

He tasted good, too.

Cazador Suerte II

Reaction score
Where are you hunting Grizz?

Shot a banded mallard a couple of years ago at the Salton Sea that was from Alberta, Canada and a banded GWT in the same area that was banded in Colorado.

mudhen

Reaction score
No mallard bands this year - first season in six years without one.

But I did a banded woodduck.

mudhen-CA

grizz

Reaction score
C.S. II,  hunt a littel pond off the river(Feather) not to far from the house.  
Over the years hunting in there we've (boy's and I) takein 10 bands off mallards and 2 off woodies.  Last year my youngest took a mallard at the pond that was at least 10 years old, banded in 92 and the certificate says hatched in 91 or earlier, it was banded near Keno, OR.  That was his first banded duck.  

shovelerslayer

Reaction score
Bandblaster,

Where were you hunting to shoot at blues and an eagle head?  I have hunted in CA all of my life and never have been lucky enough to see one.  I did not even realize they were in our flyway!!

Jay

Reaction score
Snows from the central flyway which have the "blue" variation nest in the Canadian artic and work their way down the Colorado basin into the Salton sea area, so they see some blues and eagle heads.

The pacific flyway snows which do not have the "blue" variation generally nest on Wrangell Island in Siberia and usually don't go past the San Joaquin valley.

On the final Saturday of the season one of our party shot a banded snow at Delevan so it will be interesting to see where it's from.    

Woodduck

Reaction score
In our group of 5, nonone had gotten a banded bird till the last weekend.  Then 3 of us did.  Two at Sutter and one at Dry Creek.  All Mallards.

2curljohnny

Reaction score
i know an area up at L.K. that is holding 21 greenhead bands.....along with my lanyard and 4 calls :cry-blue: hopefully i'll find em this summer

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom