JHO archery quail/chukar hunt on opening weekend

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Aug 21 - Sep 10 2004 is the archery season for quail chukar. Anybody up for a archery quail hunt? We've got the cleanup at San Jacinto Aug 21st but we could do Sunday the 22 or make it the next weekend Aug 28-29.

jdhowe75

Reaction score
Never hunted bird with a bow before but am willing to give anything a try. Let me know if you get anything together.
-jd

docramo

Reaction score
Will be hunting-scouting most likely both those weekends for chuks. Keep me informed. 4 seat buggy is redy to go!

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Doc

When are you going to post up a pic of your "scouting" vehicle?

docramo

Reaction score
I'm not the most adept with the computer so one of these days I'll try and get the girls at the office help me post some photo's.....stay tuned!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Doc, I've got the San Jacinto cleanup Sat and then my last day to shoot a pig at TEjon. I may be up for next weekend. I'll know more in a few days.

Huntin' Foo'

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm in Northern Cal so SJ is a bit far for me. However I am planning to hit Fort Hunter Ligget in on Sunday if anyone else is interested.

Foo'

docramo

Reaction score
spectr17
Will be there this Sat. and most likely next Sat.
Will be dragging the 4 seater on both trips

Huntin' Foo'

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck?

I hit FHL today with another JHO member. Didn't get any birds but we had a really good time. Saw a few coveys and got some great hiking and exploring in for the upcoming seasons. Quail beware!

Foo'

docramo

Reaction score
Out to the Red Mtn. area on Sat. Didn't see any other hunters. Went looking in new area .Saw some birds but no arrows flying. Some pretty steep terrain...gave the buggy a work out. Also by noontime the temp. is still pretty warm out there. Wanted to stop at the Silver Dollar for a cold one and pay my respects to Tom and Faith but there was no shade to put the dog under and the temp was to high to leave her locked up.
May try again this weekend.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Doc, I've got the CWA dinner Saturday night but I can sneak out for Saturday if back by 3 pm or or Sunday. I'll send you my cell number.

docramo

Reaction score
Jesse
Just got your message....pretty tied up the rest of this weekend.
Getting gear lined up for the dove opener in Yuma. Short work week and tons to get ready for the upcoming season ie.service truck and buggy, going back trough gear so I don't forget anything.
I'll keep in touch if any more scouting coming up.
Hope you had a good time at the banquet... and good luck on the dove shoot.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom