JHO "Clear The Freezer" campout

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Jenks Lake CA near Big BEar CA.

Looking at August, we need to nail down a date. I can't do late August because of another committment. Early August would be best for me.

So far on the agenda

Day hikes into the San Gorgonia Wilderness
Fishing at Jenks lake or the north fork of Santa Ana River
WIld game cookout (bring all your good vittles)
Mtn Survival training (building a shelter, water filtering etc)
Deer and bear scouting

NatureDriven

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in. What dates do you have in mind?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
August 2-3 is also the Cherry Valley Bowhunters 3D shoot and campout at Jenks Lake. Do you wanna just have our campout there too? It would let the kids try archery as there is a practive range. No campground fees either but you would need a NF Adventure pass to camp in the NF there. About $35 for a pass.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
The campout will be Aug 1-3 near Jenks Lake CA. This is just south of Big Bear Lake on Hwy 38. The Cherry Valley Bowmen are having their shoot this same weekend and we'll just join them for some fun.

There is bass and trout fishing nearby at Jenks Lake or the Santa Ana River for trout. Day hikes are available into the San Gorgonio WIlderness. There will be a 3D archery course set up if you want to do that. If not at least bring your bows to practice at the target range.

THere is no charge to camp at this area but you do need a National Forest Adventure Pass to stay in the forest. You can get the passes at any NF office.

Map to the camping area.

http://www.socalarchery.com/Club%20Maps/Je...ke/jenksmap.htm

Top Bottom