JHO POR Memorial weekend

hronk

Reaction score
OK, it's that time of year again and less than a month to go. Let's see who's going.

Speckmisser
Hronk +1

chirohunter

Reaction score
Nephew and I are in. Just waiting for my app (hint)...but my nephew is paid. Hoping to add another nephew to the list. Can't be here soon enough!!

Speckmisser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chirohunter @ Apr 25 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nephew and I are in. Just waiting for my app (hint)...but my nephew is paid. Hoping to add another nephew to the list. Can't be here soon enough!![/b]
Steve, sorry... didn't get in for my appt this week. Just running too many directions right now. I'll drop a call on Monday and see about getting things all squared away.

I'm stoked for this hunt! I SOOOO need to shoot myself another hog.

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be there
to close the deal on Friday night.

Thursday night maybe we could meet for a drink and some food at Rockys accros the street from the FJ. Maybe if I get up there early Thursday I'll have some good intel on the pigs.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
I'm turning over stones for some $$$ to do this hunt. I've got some Linguisa to bring, and a couple of rifles that need blood.

jb229

Reaction score
Me+1
Can't wait for another midnight hell hole pack out.

chirohunter

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speckmisser @ Apr 25 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Steve, sorry... didn't get in for my appt this week. Just running too many directions right now. I'll drop a call on Monday and see about getting things all squared away.[/b]
No worries!! I'm not concerned...still plenty of time. Only ribbing you a little...any chance I can get.

loadsprayer

Reaction score
I will be there!!! Mailing my app today to Speck.

I went to Tejon this last weekend and the Hog Gods were not offering up any bacon. I went to the places I could get to with my F250 Diesel. There were around 25 guys for this South side hunt, and I saw around 12 pigs taken.

The Skinney from the seasoned Tejon hunters that were there this weekend, the area is holding good amounts of green grass and oaks, and a plentiful amount of water, so the pigges are not moving around as much as they would during the warmer time of the year. Not sure if that is true or not, but makes sense.

Guys that had jeeps seemed to do well and guys with big trucks had dents and scratches from getting in bad spots, but scored on hogs. I on the other hand had no scratches or dents and "0" pigs.

Thanks again to Rob & Ken who allowed me to tag along for a fun evening hunt! Rob had a jeep and I lost him on Sunday morning trying to follow up Bear Trap. Great guys, hopefully they scored Sunday morning.

Anyhow, I cannot wait until the May hunt.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Should be one heck of a good time.. long, long days and too short nights.

But if you wanna come play, PLEASE remember the deadline for getting those apps back to me is May 9. That's only a couple weeks. Don't procrastinate and miss out.

And if you wanna get in on the fun, get your info to me ASAP.

jb229

Reaction score
Hey speck, I can scan and email the apps to you if you want. Might save some time and money sending them through the Post Office.

just a thought.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, JB, but for now the USPS is the way we'll go. I'm hoping to work with Barbara to implement an online application and payment program, but they're (Tejon) just not quite up to that on the technical level.

bodega

Reaction score
I'm hoping the stars and dollar signs all come into alignment and I can make it. Really want to go. Had an absolute gas last year.

If anybody is on the fence or unsure if they'd have fun because they have never hunted hogs, this is the trip to take. Advice and help flow effortlessly from all the great people. Hog at the bottom of El Capitan and you're at the top? No problem.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom