JHO/Tejon POR Dates for 2008!!!

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Well alrighty then!

Just got off the phone with Barbara over at Tejon, and we were able to get a couple of dates locked down for JHO hunts next year.

First, and foremost, the big JHO POR will be taking place on the weekend of May 23-25. As usual, there are 50 spots available for this hunt. It's any legal method (rifle, archery, muzzleloader, handgun), and allows one hog per hunter. Two and a half days of hunting on the South Side of the ranch.

I tried to get us a December hunt, but ran into two obstacles. First, the ranch won't book private hunts like this until the end of the Upland Bird season (end of January). However, Barbara will be talking to her boss about the possibility of a JHO POR on January 25-27. For my part, I want to gauge interest in such a hunt from you guys. That's the end of duck season, and it will quite possibly be rough weather, but if we can get 25 - 50 hunters, we can have the place before the 2008 public hunts begin. So sing out if you're interested...I'll start a post below for this.

I have also confirmed dates for a JHO Archery hunt. That will be February 22,23, and 24. Those who've done this hunt know what a killer deal it is. The price includes the cabin, guide assistance (not necessarily full-time guiding, but lots of help), and all meals. 8 to 12 hunters on this one.

I didn't book a second archery hunt for us this year. There are some dates available if some of you want to book on your own. If there's enough demand, I can try to get us a June hunt, but I can't wait until a couple weeks before the hunt to finally get some applications.

So there are the dates:

Confirmed:

POR - May 23, 24, and 25
Archery - Feb 22, 23, and 24

Tentative - January 25, 26, 27

More information on sign-ups will be forthcoming.

At this time I am taking application requests for the January JHO/POR and the February Archery-only hunt. I am not taking requests for the May hunt. Do not send me requests for application packets until I tell you.

In the meantime, check your calendars and start stashing your mad money.

Top Bottom