JHO Tejon Ranch POR May 2006

Speckmisser

OK, well, folks are sending in money for the hunt, so that means we're a "For Sure" deal. In order to keep conversations in the right place, I'm starting this topic thread to shoot the bull, plan for meeting up, and all that other good stuff that we all so love about this event!

So here it is... have at it!

upperEA

That breakfast thing would work out great for me
The wife and two girls are planning on taging along and hitting Seaworld and Disney while hunt so I plan on being in Cali on Thursday and meeting Friday for chow would work out just danndy especialy if Superduty was there. I will keep an eye out for that one....
By the way getting my $161 in the mail today for my tag and nonres license should see it back in about three weeks or so.. No internet apps at this time some time in 07 according to their site.

Better yet I just seen where I can Fax it so it's on it's way

Speckmisser

Woohoo!

Just spoke to Barbara, and she said what we've all been hearing anyway. The ranch is crawling with hogs. Last year's perfect weather (lots of water) has made for a strong breeding rate and lots of fat, healthy hogs running around.

I'm predicting a late spell of rain and cold this winter/spring, and near perfect conditions for May.

Speckmisser

Oh, I can feel it... but it's gotta be Anejo, or at least Reposado.

That Silver stuff is for margaritas or taking shots.

henriksson

I have a bottle of Anejo that I bought in Mexico last month. But I can only bring it if I get the papers in time to sign up.
I look forward to it.

Speckmisser

Thomas, you should have already received your paperwork with the last batch that went out a couple of weeks ago. Did it not come through?

Let me know. I may need to check your address.

henriksson

No I have not received it but on the other hand it was less than a couple of weeks ago I sent the email. It may very well been aftyer you sent that batch.

BigDog

Ya should see the boy tackle a bottle of Cazadores.... you almost have to get violent in order to get your share....lol
I know. We have put away a few of those puppies.
Blah blah blah blah...hey where the heck did the booze go?
I guess we should all bring extra.

Speckmisser

Originally posted by Rancho Loco@Feb 16 2006, 05:34 PM
See how just mentioning a bottle of Anejo, and Phil is looking for your address?
We all have our external motivators. For some it's money, for others it's glory... for me, it's a tasty anejo or at least a reposado (Cazadores).

Thomas, you're right (of course). Looks like your request came in right after I sent that last batch, so you'll be in the batch that goes out next. I usually wait until I have at least ten to go out, but I'll probably go ahead and get these in the mail soon.

12 weeks to go..

I can go out and have a chance to pop a pig just about any time at my friend's place...Why am I looking forward to this so much?

Maybe I'm looking forward to seeing Speckmisser put the hurt on a bottle of Tequila Friday night, and then have to drag Scott's 300 lb'er straight up a 1,000 foot cliff.

hronk

White Tundra. It's a safe bet that you will enjoy the hunt. Great company, good info and advice on areas to check out. People are very helpful on this hunt compared to the closed mouths on a regular POR. I doubt if very many will NOT see pigs on this hunt and probably more than 50% will score. Help me out someone on this one. What was the kill % on the other Jesses POR's at Tejon in the past. The last one that I went to, 2 years ago, was close if not over 50%. That's good anywhere. I'm hearing that there are even more pigs running around this year... I am very much looking forward to this one....hronk

Hronk, last year we came in at 50% with a heroic effort by Scott and one other guy Sunday afternoon.

Like Hronk said, you keep your ears open and do some leg work, you will see pigs.

Speckmisser

Russ, I got your email and will send you one more packet. Lose this one, and I'll have to start charging. What's a bottle of Don Julio Anejo going for down your way right now?

White Tundra, definitely check out the link Rancho posted. All the info you need about signing up is available there. You can also browse the Hog Hunting forum for tons of info about the PORs, including the JHO special hunt.

This will be the third JHO hunt, and we come in between 40 and 50% success every time. If you're willing to work, and aren't holding out for a trophy, odds are good you take home pork. But it is still hunting, not shopping, so of course there are no guarantees. Tejon is a big ranch, with lots of places for pigs to hide. However, with the JHO crew there, there's almost always someone available to pitch in with suggestions on where to look.

Bryan... just break down and come on out, bro! You know you're itching to.

rusman66

OK but I won't feel guilty about contributing to a faulty liver

I started going to the gun range and found out my scope is more like a kaleidopscope.
I refuse to miss again this year. I will be ready!!!

Top Bottom