JHP Carrizo Varmint Hunt

Hook

Reaction score
Time for another JHP Carrizo Varmint Hunt on Sept. 27 & 28. We can all meet at the KCL campground, hunt for coyotes and scout for quail. There should be a fair amount of rabbits out there also. The weather should a little cooler in late Sept. too.

This will be another chance to even the score on them coyotes. :shootin::shootin:

Anyone interested?

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
OK, if I miss this one, I'm taking up golf. (yuk) hmmmm, "NOT"! ( I'll be there :)

Frank

Hook

Reaction score
We are planning on a trip to Carrrizo for varmints, If anyone is interested in going check out the Events section.  

(Edited by Hook at 4:32 pm on July 31, 2002)

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
I have been advised by EvanIII and Bishop not to miss this trip so count me in.

Hey Paulc, I will give you a call soon. perhaps you, westy(Rick) and I could truck pool?

steve

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Hey Wingman & Hook, you gents are bringing your coyote rifles, correct?!  I'll bring mine too. Gotta compare notes. Yikes!  A horrible thought. Talk about Manny, Moe & Jack. lol

I'll bring the mini 14 also. 2 rifles shouldn't be too heavy to carry at once, right?!  Dang decisions anyhow. Coyotes are gonna laugh themselves silly!

Frank    

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
On Soda Lake rd, off of hwy 166 approx 7 miles west of Maricopa, which is sout west of Bakersfield.

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
I'm really going to try and make it.  I really enjoyed the vast open area there.  Saw my first pronghorns there.  Plenty of rabbits, coyotes, dove, quail, and supposedly a good number of pigs if work at finding a good spot.

Lone howl:  Of course you'll be welcome.  Your part of the JHP family now.

Hook:  The Arrowhead hunts over now, so how about unpinning it and pinning this post to the top?

(Edited by Bishop at 10:14 pm on July 31, 2002)

Hook

Reaction score
Lone Howl,

Sure come on out, that's what the JHP events are all about. Meeting new members, putting faces with names and getting new varmint hunters introduced to the sport.
Then there are the camp fire stories that would keep you in tears all night long.

It should be a blast.  :shootin:

Frank, :not-worthy: carrying 2 rifles? That Coyote is heavy enough. I'll bring mine also, it will be sporting the new HS Precision stock I just got from Brownells.  

Wingman, I hope Evan III and Bishop are going to make it also, if they advised you not to miss it.

EVAN III

Reaction score
  Well as much as I would like to go, I won't be able to make it at this point. If something changes You can bet I'll be there. I will be up in Mammoth for 8 or 9 days during that time.

Wingman,  Hope you get to make the trip, you can see what I was talking about.

EVAN III

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I think I'd like to try to make one of these, but too much deer hunting going on then.  Of course, I could be tagged out by then, so who knows?  

You guys make it sound like too much fun!

songdog

Reaction score
How about if everyone that goes brings a barrel of water and dumps it in one of the guzzlers before they leave?  It's really dry out there right now...

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Great idea, Songdog... Glad you mentioned it...

smokin54

Reaction score
Work screwed up me going to the  Arrowhead hunt, I really did want to get there. I have been thinking of going up to Carrizo between now and then . I am going to try and make it for the hunt but I wont know for sure until the gear is in the truck And I am driving out the driveway.

rookiehunt21

Reaction score
jusr to let you all know. well that is if you did not already know. i was out there on august first. i was there for three hours and saw 13 coyotes. they are everywhere. talked to a game warded. he said they put a hurtin on the quail and pigs. keep up the good work. i know i will be hittin them coyotes hard.

yotegetter

Reaction score
Well if nothing else comes up like always you can definitely count me in! I'llt be heading up to mammoth sometime in September. Not sure exactly when at this time.

Hook

Reaction score
Yotegetter, I hope you can make it out. It will be a good time.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Yotegetter & Hook, I hope your both there also. Listen to me?! (ha!)  

Anyway, it will be a great time for folks to (finally) try out my reworked mini 14, so am glad to hear you might make it after all, Jesse. Of course Jesse, your close enough and can swing by and pick it up anytime, as always.    

Oh, I'll also be out in Carrizo Sept 7th & 8th. Friends think I'm going "dove" hunting with 'em. Wonder if they'll figure it out, when they see me hunting with a yote gun?! hmmm... Maybe I'll run into some JHP folks then?!

See YA
Frank

yotegetter

Reaction score
I always have a great time with all the JHPers. I hope I can make it out too!

Thanks Frank!

Advertisement

Top Bottom