JHP Charter

EVAN III

Reaction score
 I was thinking it might be nice to get some fellow JHP'ers together and charter a boat this spring or summer. I know alot of guys will be Turkey hunting this spring, so summer would probly be better. Plus fishing should be better. Its kind of early, but I was jusy curious if anyone would be interested.

Socal hunter

Reaction score
If you can do it on the weekend I can go.  Overnight out of san diego would be great.

songdog

Reaction score
I'll tech you how to coyote hunt if you teach me how to fish for tuna.  Other than day boats out of Dana Point, I've only been on one overnighter out of SD.  15' swells the whole time and all 22 people on the 65' boat were sick even one of the deck hands.

Sounds like fun though...

hronk

Reaction score
I've been working on some possibilities out of Seaforth for an overniter once the Albi's show up.  We talked about this last fall and about 10 people were interested.  The boat needs about 12 to charter at a reasonable rate. 165 ea.  Less during the week.  I'll update as summer approaches.....hronk

d trees

Reaction score
Song dog we should talk some time,d

(Edited by d trees at 4:32 pm on Jan. 30, 2002)

waldo2382

Reaction score
How about sometime right after April 21, since that is when school gets out, we can go on an overnighter out of the Long Beach area and go for some White Sea Bass at either Catalina or San Clemente. At least we can also be looking foward to some decent calicos in the kelps. I highly recommend the Eldorado out of Berth 55. Anyway, I'll be looking for updates and see if I can fit the trip into my schedule.

songdog

Reaction score
d trees - you going to make it to the Wister hunt?

Thonzberry

Reaction score
songdog being that you have got yotes on land have you ever got one swimming.:crazeye:

Count me in for a trip.

(Edited by Thonzberry at 9:52 pm on Jan. 30, 2002)

EVAN III

Reaction score
  Well sounds like a plan. Songdog, Sure wish I could help with learn'n ya. But I don't know myself. If you make it out to Wister I might take you up on a little callin lesson though. I've called in one yote my first time out, but I think my beginners luck ran out. Anyhow I've only been out on local boats. I've done alot of fishing in the harbors, but never out for albies. San Diego sounds good, If anyone has connections that would be great. If not I have a few friends that might be able to pull some strings.  

(Edited by EVAN III at 2:46 am on Jan. 31, 2002)

T F Coyote

Reaction score
I'd definitely be interested in the overnight trip.  I have gone out of SD a few times and have really hooked up on some albis, blue fin, yellow fin, dorado, and yellowtail.

I'm sure my father would want to go also.  He's not a JHP member, but he's a darn good tuna fisherman.

d trees

Reaction score
Song dog im not sure yet I will try im just not sure of schedule im trying to put something together I will let yah know.

About the fishing trip I could put together a trip on the phantom out of LB if there were enough Interest I use to run the boat so im good friends with the owner and crew i would prefer just before march 15 when the sea bass limit goes to one that is usually the best time let me know,d

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
A WSB trip sounds like a good idea. It looks like March is starting to fill up.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
well, who ever is setting it up, let us know the dates you have picked. Thanks

d trees

Reaction score
Well tony I think its only fair to give Evan first shot since he started the thread but i will say that I would prefer the mid march date because its usually when whitie starts to get going.d

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Yo D, I'm down for Even setting it up, I just wanted know what day. Aint no thing but a chiken on a string:smile-big-blue:

foulshot

Reaction score
I would be up for an overnight boat out of SD or OC.  Went on a 2 day last season, more albies than you could shake a stick at, also got a 40 lb blue fin.  WSB are a blast on the candy bait also.

Songdog, 65 ft boat.  compared to some of the boats out of SD that is a dingy.  I would try to go with something 80ft or so, with as close to a 20 ft beam as possible.
Does anybody know when "Day at the Docks" is?  You can get a good preview of boats at that time.

EVAN III

Reaction score
     Ok guys, The third weekend of march (16th and 17th) Since it is the first JHP fishing trip, I think it might be nice to go out of Long Beach, It will make it easier for the people in southern and northern Kalifornia to make the trip. I have no problems with going out of San Diego since its only about 1 1/2 hours from me, I just think Long Beach is a little more centrally located. dtrees If you can secure an overnight boat For that sat. night that would be great. If you can find out how much $ and how many people we will need that would be cool to. What can we bring abaord? (Food, drinks, Small BBQ so as to have a BBQ for dinner) Just let us know. Maybe well be BBQing some fresh fish!!
   :toast-yellow:   Well heres my e-mail if you need anything ( johnebishop3@hotmail.com).
Sounds like its gonna be fun! And thanks for the help dtrees!!

Evan III

d trees

Reaction score
Sounds good I will make the call today to see what he has open just so eveyone knows the limit for WSB after march 15 goes from three to one after the 15.d

yotegetter

Reaction score
I'm up for this fishing trip! We can also go out of Alamitos Bay in Long Beach. I've gone out in the midnight one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom