JHP Dove Hunt

Hook

To make it easier, here is the post from Bloodsports in the Upland bird section;

"If your planing on attending the JHP dove hunt in Blythe on Sept 6,7 & 8 here is the Info you will need to book your room.

The hotel is the Holiday Inn Express. There phone number is (760) 921-2300.  In order to get the discounted rate of $69 you have to tell them you are part of the JHP Group.   Also in order to get this rate we need to block at least 10 rooms. ( I currently have 4 rooms )  Please post after you make your reservation so we know who will be there and how many rooms we need.
If you have any problems, the hotel managers name is Vi Jay.

I hope we have a large turn out for this should be a fun hunt.. "

yotegetter

I reserved a room for myself and Stickman at the Holiday Inn Express for Sep. 6-8. I did get the JHP group rate.

Hook - I didn't get charged a cancellation fee for the Super 8.

tinner

bigtroutbane and i will be attending the hunt but will most likely have a trailer in mayflower. i am sure we can work out some visiting hours beyond just hunt time. see you all there.

Qbn Hunter

Be careful with your room reservations. This happened to me when I tried to make res. for the dove opener.
I called the Comfort Suites to make a reservation for 3 room for 2 nights. Aug. 31 and Sept. 1st. I was informed that the price for each room per night was $79.00+ tax. I told Terra, the lady who was helping me, to reserve the 3 rooms for that price. I gave her my credit card number and she then told me that the 3 room were confirmed. She then gave me the 3 confirmation numbers for the rooms. the confirmation numbers are as follows: rm#1: 121966. rm#2 121967. rm#3 121971. A few days later I recieved a call from the hotel telling me that the rate they gave me was a mistake and that the rooms were going to be $179.00 a night instead of the $79.00 a night that I confirmed. He told me that if I don't except the new price that they were going to cancel my reservations. I told him how could that be. That I confirmed a price for the 2 night for $79.00 each room. His excuse was that the lady who was working that night, Terra, made a mistake. That the prices double because that weekend is the opening weekend of the dove hunting season.

foulshot

As far as I know FullSack has a room reserved for us.  I don't remember where he reserved rooms at though.  If its not the HI express we'll change.

Is there good yote hunting at night out there?

bloodsports

foulshot,   I have seen alot of yotes out there but never hunted for them.   I am game for a yote hunt while we are there.  

yotegetter

I think getting a yote hunt out there won't be a problem. Is it shotgun only out there? It's my first time there.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
yotegetter

You can purchase an AZ license online if you choose.  You can print out a temporary license and use that until they send the real one in the mail.  The only thing that is fishy, is how do they verify a safety certificate? That's AZ for ya!!!

Arizona hunting license online

Hook

I'll be moving the first week of Sept. and if I get done with the move, I will make it out there too. won't know until that week though.

QALHNTR

<font face="Tahoma">I'm still hoping to sneak out there with Hoghunterbrian and another buddy.  I'll probably hunt on the CA side unless we go up toward Parker.  I've got my CRIT licence already so I can cross over at Agnes Wilson (near Lost Lake) and try some reservation fields.  Our family hunt will probably not be at the River this opener.  The sun is taking its toll & the skin doctor is taking all my money. We'll probably stay with the in-laws in Big Bear, so I might try Two Hole on the 1st.</font>

Hogskin

Banned
I usually hunt AZ in the morning because it seems a bit less crowded (a license is 53 bucks for 3 days, 113 for the year).  Usually hunt California in the afternoon/evening.

I don't think they require a hunter safety certificate, least they haven't asked me for one over the years when I've been buying licenses there.  Good question.

Regards,
Paul

Deer qalhntr,
since you decided to go to big bear instead,(with the family)instead of of ol chain -doggy, im still huntin the c.r.i.t. res..with the kids. were going to miss ya man !! Hey ! whos going to pull my dually out of the sand this year? will be in the same secret spot at the end of 22nd street.
oppss.did i say that on national television? make sure you take pics of yours, and ill take pics of mine..no duke, the doves. what are you thinkin? any j.h.pers out there runs into a white dually stuck in the sand.....throw me a line, or a transfer case. have fun out there guy's
thanks

QALHNTR

<font face="Tahoma">Hey Chain-Dog,
     My snatch rope ain't long enough to reach from Lucerne.  Just keep those rooster-tails to a minimum and you'll probably stay on the road.  I'll be back to the River the following weekend.  If you're still stuck, I'll pull you out then.  Bring lots of water.  Ol' dogs get thirsty.

</font>

Top Bottom