Joe D timer question

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I am hooking up Joe D's timer to a RS pir, and a canon owl Pf with three wires run to pins 4,5, and 6. In the past, without a timer, I would use a 3/32 sub-mini 3 conductor stero jack, and when I plugged in, I would short together pins 5 and 6.  I am hooking up the refresh pulse on the timer, my question is...why don't you need to short pins 5 and 6 together when using the refresh pulse? or, do you need to short these together, and I am just missing something? Thanks for any input.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
When you short the two together you can use a single relay to fire the camera.  With a refresh pulse system you will need two relays.  the refresh relay (or opto) will close the contacts for the focus of half shutter and cause the flash to recharge.   when you need to take a pic both relays will close simultaneously.  If you short them together you will get a picture every 7 min when the refresh cycles

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Thanks AEH,...I see it now, that explains why there is two relays on the board, ones for the refresh. It's 1:30am, I am not thinking straight....but trying to get this timer hooked up to the new cam. Thanks again.

Top Bottom