Joe D's Timer Update

Possum

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get 72 count film - 24 or 36 won't cut it.  Just kidding.  I put one of Joe D.'s timers on my MS20.  We put the cam on my buddy's corn pile and oooohhh boy.  Who let the coons out.  Had 20 out of 24 pics of multiple coon and only 4 deer.  There are like 6 in a photo at a time.  I pressed the button that counts the events and it went off for 115 events.  This was in three days.  I don't believe there was much falsing since there was only one false pic at night and easily could have had something there.  Usually the falsing is in the daytime.  Anyway, just wanted to say the timer/counter worked extremely well.  I will move the cam this week to some high ground away from the swamp.

(Edited by Possum at 3:20 pm on Oct. 10, 2001)

(Edited by Possum at 3:26 pm on Oct. 10, 2001)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Possum,
I've been thinking of trying one of these timers out.
Curious if you've ever measured power consumption?
>>>>
I put a cam on a bait pile trying to get ravens - man - TONS of crows!!  My event counter read 367 events in one  afternoon!!
Arch

Possum

Reaction score
Archilochus, This is what Joe says.  I have no reason to doubt it because the timer has done EVERYTHING he said it did.  

"It will count up to 250 events, with or without the camera. (So if your film runs out, you will know how active the area is.) The timer uses 1mA when activated, then goes into a "sleep"mode uses .1 mA. So should go 6 months with 3 AA batteries. The chip runs on 3volts to 5.5 volts. "  

I have use it with 3 rechargable batteries and have not noticed any battery failure.  Maybe I need to do a time test on it.   I will tell you I bet the camera and PIR batteries give out before it does.

davered1

Reaction score
Arch,

here have 1 of mine,we have ravens like you have crows.I can't set my cam directly pointing at my feeder or it would snap all 24 pics in one afternoon.

Top Bottom