Joe D's Timer

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I have one of Joe D's timers and it works great.  I was wanting to add it to several more of my units while I have them in.  The question is his set up comes with mono plugs and some of my cameras have the stereo plugs.  Is this going to create a problem?  Or is there someway to bypass the problem?  Thanks for your help.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Do the ones with Stereo Plugs have 3 wires running to the camera?  

IF there are only 2 wires, then as long as one goes to the Plug (or Jack) "tip" it should work

IF there are 3 wires, then if PIN 4 goes to the tip it MITE work

also, it won't damage anything to try it and see if it works

Tinhorn

Possum

Reaction score
You should have three wires coming from the camera going into a stereo female adaptor.  you should have two wires going from the timer side to a male plug.  When the plug and jack are connected it is like the third wire from the camera is connected to the 2nd wire (like if you soldered the 5 & 6th pin together).  This allows the camera to function normally disconnected from the timer.  Think of it as one big loop.    If you don't understand let me know because I have three hooked up like this.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I think what is confusing me is that all of my cams are the older canon sure shot owl af and the cams you're talking about are  the pfs.  I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with.  Thanks for your help.

Possum

Reaction score
there should be no difference.  You guys are telling me Joe's setup requires two wires coming from the cam.  That is true no matter what camera is used.  the "stereo concept" only affects the camera side of the jack-plug, not the timer side.

Big Gun

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the site.  Where can I find more info on this timer of Joe D's?
Thanks

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Big Gun,  did you try a Search for JoeD Timer?

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom