John McCain gets tax-free disability pension

easymoney

Reaction score
"On Monday, McCain's staff identified the retirement benefit as a "disability pension" and said that McCain "was retired as disabled because of his limited body movements due to injuries as a POW."

"McCain campaign strategist Mark Salter said Monday night that McCain was technically disabled. "Tortured for his country -- that is how he acquired his disability," Salter said."

"Certain types of military and veterans pensions are either partially or completely tax-exempt, depending on the seriousness of the disability. In McCain's case, the exemption is 100%."

"I don't know of any physical requirements to be commander in chief," Galanti said. "He would have a nice car to drive around in and a nice airplane to fly in."

ralph.vartabedian@ latimes.com

Times staff writer Maeve Reston in Alabama contributed to this report
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na...1,6562984.story

Only a whining liberal writer would even have the gaul to write a hit piece on a True American Hero who was injured while in the service of his country...
More elected legislators draw pensions and perks amounting to many many times the amount McCain is receiving...

Common Sense

Reaction score
I wasn't an anti-war demonstrator or a draft dadger, but when I was draft age I sure was a praying for a high lottery number from the selective service folks. I am sure they would have welcomed me with open arms had I visited the recruiting offices, but I didn't.

I have no problem with a little of my tax dollars going to those who served so that I didn't have too.

easymoney

Reaction score
I was in the same boat when I had a very low draft number, and I too was on my knees thanking God that it wasn't me going over there... I have never been critica of those who thanklessly served so we all could sleep safely in our beds.
I find it ironic that someone would ever complain about a real hero getting any compensation, yet I am sure no writer ever looked into the wasteful spending on worthless legislators getting their pensions at our expense and it all being tax deductible... And the majority are not vets nor have even served their country...

Jeff S.

Reaction score
Me too. I was eligible the first year they had a lottery and drew 364 (out of 365) so was classified 1H, and went off to college. I also have no problem with a disability pension for guests of the Hanoi Hilton.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
I am a veteran without a disability pension. I did have a 10% physical disability when I was discharged, but the situation got much better
and didn't interfere with my work..so I asked the vets admin to take it away..they did so..quickly.
Still; from what he went through..I think JM deserves it..he and all guests of the "Hanoi hilton"..and Hanoi Jane should be hung..

Top Bottom