July 8th pics.

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Set my cam out Sat. afternoon over a mud hole (Watering hole) and i had to use a crooked tree. I leveled the cam with a stick stuck between the bottom and the tree but as you can see, the stick fell out,lol.This morning i went and pulled the cam with 14 pics taken and there was no false flashing. Here are a few of them, including a buck. These pics are unretouched in any way and they are straight from the scanner to you, no inhancements at all.The film is 400 Konica that i buy for $2.00 a roll at the dollar store and then i get a $1.00 rebate, This is for 28 pics.They were taken with my trail cam useing the canon owl PF and the forced flash mode.They were then scaned with my Lexmark X73. I just though it would be fun to see how the pics really come out without any touch ups just to compair different film manufatures. Just click on the July 8th pics on my site. Mike

davered1

Reaction score
Mike,

I bet that a <font size="5">BEAR</font> came and pulled that stick out!!

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Good pics. I went and looked at that pic of your front yard. (Winter pic)Thats Beautiful.

MBullism

Reaction score
There it is, the answer to everything... The bears did it, LOL.  And to think that cam was sitting in a closet...:nope-blue:

Hey! If you look at that first doe really quick, it looks like she's got a little "David Blaine-street magic" levitation thing going on...

(Edited by MBullism at 5:48 pm on July 8, 2002)

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Mbullism, You are right about that doe doing tricks,lol. I think the flash made her jump a little and the pic was taken just at the right time.
What do you guys think of the quality of the pics? Im going to try some kodak 400 next just to see if there is much difference. Mike

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
I don't think that Kodak will give you any better quality than that. I haven't been able to try anything other than Kodak though as I hate to skimp on a few cents for fear of sacrificing any quality. I've been getting Kodak 400 speed film in a 4 roll pack of 24 pics at Wal-Mart for $7.88. That's less than $2/roll, so I can't complain. Maybe one of these days I'll try a cheaper brand and compare.

Here we go with the bears again! :smile-big-blue:

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Oh yea, almost forgot! The bear did it , that's my story and im sticking to it.

MBullism

Reaction score
I thought they looked pretty good.. The greens are green, the browns are brown, LOL.  I think you might be losing some of the flash potential with the cam angled down like that, but for a dollar a roll and no fiddling after scanning, I think they look great...  I'd be interested in your comparison, maybe some pics from the same cam in the same place, angled the same way.  And if you could get that doe to do the hover thing again, that would be cool too...

INshedpicker

Reaction score
I've got Konica 400 in my cams right this very instant so I'll let you know what I think.  I've used Kodak and Fugi until now, so I'll have something to compare it too.  I would have had a roll of Konica developed already if something hadn't eaten my toggle switch covers and put it in test mode...do you think it could've been a <font size="5">BEAR</font> that ate my switch covers???
:nope-blue:

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Msfelton, It had to be the bears, they eat everything on this site. It sounds like you are already doing the testing for us.Let us know how they come out without any fixen up. Thanks , Mike

Mbullism, LOL, You don't want much do you? mike

troll

Reaction score
Shrewshooter,

Whatcha got in that brown spot to attract deer, coons and crows?

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Troll, Two years ago i placed a mineral block there (25lbs.)it's a low spot and it holds water. The animales just rooted out a big hole there about 4'around and 1' deep. Im going to place another in there next week . They seem to like it more once it melts or desolves from the rains. Mike

MBullism

Reaction score
SS- Don't think you can reproduce the same angle?  :wink-yellow:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom