Jumpin' Jackrabbits!

younghunter

Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures of some jackrabbits I shot.  We got a TON of them this week.  They are all pure white right now for winter except one problem(for them) there is NO snow.  LOL.  Anyone else chase after jackrabbits?  Saw a couple coyotes too but I didn't have my coyote gun.

Here I am with a jackrabbit:

Here's a picture of my favorite .22 with the first jackrabbit of the day:

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
There's just about nothing more fun than hunting rabbits with a 22, no matter how old you get.  

Thonzberry

Reaction score
younghunter, nice rabbit, they are a blast to hunt. I went to your web page, its very cool, keep up the great pics.

andrew

Reaction score
Did you shoot them when they were running or standing still? what is that call around your neck?

coyotehunter 1

Reaction score
younghunter, good hunting! I'll bet the coyotes have a big time with those white rabbits right now. Cottontails are the only type we have here, your jacks are 3-4 times bigger than our little guys.
I also enjoyed your site, good pics!

Safe hunting,
ch 1  

younghunter

Reaction score
Andrew,
    Most of the rabbits were shot standing, its hard to make running shots with .22's.  But we did kill 3 on the run.  The call around my neck is for coyotes.  A lot of times we see coyotes and by making a quick setup we can get them.  And lots of times if they are running one blow will stop them.  Also the call has stopped a running jackrabbit a time or two.

(Edited by younghunter at 8:46 pm on Nov. 15, 2001)

22 250

Reaction score
Like your site.  I bet the jacks really look like a sore thumb.  Good hunting.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom