Juniors not allowed to hunt anymore?

LetEmWork

Reaction score
If anyone here has better info, by all means pass it along. In my WON issue of 2 weeks ago, I remember seeing an article  regarding the future of juniors not being able to hunt anymore if a Senate and Assembly Bill pass. Apparently, these Bills are being driven by a couple Democrats (geez, what a surprise) and if passed, would halt a Junior from possesing a firearm, thus, taking his rights to hunt away. Keep in mind, I may not have my story exactly right so If anyone knows of this, let us all know!

LetEmWork

grtwythunter

Reaction score
I saw the same article. If they pass this c*@p legislation it will be the final straw for myself, and many others in CA. I started my nephew hunting last year. My son is learning firearm responsibility/safety now and will be old enough to hunt in a couple of years.There is no way that I will deny those kids the opportunity to hunt. If it happens, it will be goodbye CA for me!!! Sounds like time to break out the pen and paper!     Scott  

BigDog

Reaction score
I have not seen anything on this guys. Please dig out the article and give us some reference numbers. This is one that we have to go after. Way back on Hoss's page, I posted an article that quoted an anti about how they need to go after children and women. If they could keep them out of the shooting sports then the anti forces would win easier.
Looks like that is what is up here. Please get us some info on the bill.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Big Dog- I have been searching for the article and can't find it. I thought it was in Jim Matthews column, but could not find it in the archives on Jesse's site. I will keep looking. I will check at work tonight, I might have it there. I agree that this is too important to just roll over and hope it goes away!!     Scott

MQ

Reaction score
These bills pertain to handgun safety certificates and handgun safety licenses. Under 18 persons would not be able to obtain either. These bills do not keep juniors from hunting, unless it's with a pistol. They are bad news, just the same....

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
MQ

This has been copied directly from the http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/ website
AB 35 would outlaw transfer of any firearm to a minor.

SEC. 3.  Section 12072 of the Penal Code is amended to read:
  12072.  (a) (1) No person, corporation, or firm shall knowingly
supply, deliver, sell, or give possession or control of a firearm to
any person within any of the classes prohibited by Section 12021 or
  (2) No person, corporation, or dealer shall sell, supply, deliver,
or give possession or control of a firearm to any person whom he or
she has cause to believe to be within any of the classes prohibited
by Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of
the Welfare and Institutions Code.
  (3) (A) No person, corporation, or firm shall sell, loan, or transfer a firearm to a minor.

The wording is buried deep inside the bill. Don't let these politicians fool you. Last years Handgun Licensing Bill started out as a measure to increase the punishment for using a firearm in a crime on a school campus. It was amended after nearly a unanimous 'yes' vote by the Assembly, into the hangun licensing bill which almost made it to Davis' desk. These bills must be stopped in the early stages. The authors of these bills try to hold them to the last days of the open legislature when there can be hundreds of bills waiting to be voted upon in the hopes they will get passed in a last minute rush. Vigilance is definately needed when dealing with this type of legislation.

Stephan

MQ

Reaction score
Well thank you for reading further into it than I did. I just scanned the bills while at work and obviously missed some of the "low" points.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom