Just absolutely mindblowing

Hartseeker

Reaction score
LINK

D.C. Gun Crackdown Meets Community Resistance
Police Ask Residents To Submit To Voluntary Searches

POSTED: 6:49 am EDT March 24, 2008
UPDATED: 6:43 pm EDT March 24, 2008

WASHINGTON -- A crackdown on guns is meeting some resistance in the District.

Police are asking residents to submit to voluntary searches in exchange for amnesty under the District's gun ban. They passed out fliers requesting cooperation on Monday. Officers will go door to door asking residents for permission to search their homes.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
If weapons are recovered, they will be tested and destroyed if they are not found to be linked to any other crimes.

A police spokeswoman said that if evidence of other crimes is found during voluntary searches, amnesty will be granted for that crime as well.[/b]
Is this a joke? Is it April Fool's yet? "Hey, you're cool about that stabbed dead guy.. Got any guns?"

I'm sure there's politicians demanding for their places to be searched.

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
Guess they figure the gun ban is going to get struck down by the supreme court so they're gonna get what they can now.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Surrender your guns..they will be destroyed, " no questions asked"... What a great way to dispose of a murder weapon "

A great example of "liberal logic"!

el_vaquero

Reaction score
That's absolutely absurd!

Now I know why that place is plagued with violent crime. The cops there are morons!

pbrdog

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (el_vaquero @ Mar 26 2008, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's absolutely absurd!

Now I know why that place is plagued with violent crime. The cops there are morons![/b]
Look who they reelected as their mayor. Nuff said.

rcrosby

Reaction score
Hopefully the police run into a well armed home and a furry of bullets. Things like this are exactly why you fight each and every action that is carried out in violation of the constitution rather than hiding behind things like, "If you have nothing to hide".

Drayton

Reaction score

This is a sad day for our nation.

If I were a DC cop I would refuse this order. If I were a resident of DC (I would have freakin moved long ago) I'd tell the cops to get search warent and please go mess with some real criminals.

troll

Reaction score
Welcome to the District of Columbia, police state in action.

huntnfool13

Reaction score
I don't think these liberal clowns can say or do anything these days that would surprise me. Knuckleheads is all I can say. Very sad.

S&P

Reaction score
If weapons are recovered, they will be tested and destroyed if they are not found to be linked to any other crimes.

A police spokeswoman said that if evidence of other crimes is found during voluntary searches, amnesty will be granted for that crime as well.

"Chief Lanier has been clear," Traci Hughes said. "Amnesty means amnesty."[/b]

So if they find a meth lab or a kidnap victim or child abuse during the search, amnesty will be granted for that? How totally screwed up is that? Man, they want these guns bad, don't they?

Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier said the "safe homes initiative" is aimed at residents who want to cooperate with police. She gave the example of parents or grandparents who know or suspect their children have guns in the home.[/b]
Bulls*it! I have a suggestion for you Grandma, if you know the kid has a gun, deal with it yourself! This is not only crazy, it's scary as heck.

Advertisement

Top Bottom