Just back from big bear!

mrpinski

Reaction score
Mind you I have never been bowfishing before, but WHOA!!!!! I took my first fish ever and am now in love with the sport!

Now for the question... The only reason I was able to shoot this carp was due to it peeking out of the water and I was able to get it. There were carp spawning everywhere but I could only see bubbles... does it make sense to shoot at the bubbles???

augnmike

Reaction score
I assume you were shore shooting? Also the spawn is pretty much over or you would be seeing them out of the water everywhere. They even get in 2-3 inches of water with their backs sticking out and thrash all over.

Was the water like pea soup full of algae? This time of year the algae bloom comes up and really makes it tough to see. Last question I assume you had quality polaroid glasses on? If not it is about impossible to see them to shoot.

Now that you've stuck one it's like crack you won't be able to stop. Congrats on the success.

mrpinski

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. I shot off of the bridge over by the cut off over there. The water was pretty merkey yeah but I did see this one poke its head up out of the water. I wasn't wearing glasses. I was told that the spawn is quite late this year and that is why you can still see them really easily in the mornings and close to sunset. And yes, I'm hooked! haha!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom