Just finished

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
That is one beautiful piece of craftsmanship forget the name of the steel Dramatin? but it is Beautiful full shank and Knot wood not sure of what wood but it is Beautiful!
Third time I said beautiful But I love it, put a gut hook on the back spline and look out jack!!!

JustGuy

Banned
Reaction score
It is not Damascus, it is 440C with some designer's hummer touches. The wood is treated walnut. I chosen a peace with eyes. Looks good but i do not know about durability. Firs time i do it. Will see.
No gut-hook, it is going to be different style then.

To Luckypans. No luck for you this time my friend. Thanks for the offer tho... Actually i had offers for my knifes in the range of 250-350 but i never sell them. I give it to my friends as presents.
Or i make special order knifes for them.
Some of JHO members have my knifes.

Last edited:

dthome

Reaction score
The thing that makes this knife striking is the top of the tang, which resembles vines. You have talent, justguy.

bughalli

Reaction score
Well done and something that will last the test of time....and hopefully accumulate hunting stories.

Mr. Luckypants

Reaction score
It is not Damascus, it is 440C with some designer's hummer touches. The wood is treated walnut. I chosen a peace with eyes. Looks good but i do not know about durability. Firs time i do it. Will see.
No gut-hook, it is going to be different style then.

To Luckypans. No luck for you this time my friend. Thanks for the offer tho... Actually i had offers for my knifes in the range of 250-350 but i never sell them. I give it to my friends as presents.
Or i make special order knifes for them.
Some of JHO members have my knifes.
I'm your friend. :)

Just messing with ya. Very nice knife. So long did it take you to perfect knife making if there is such a thing.

JustGuy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm way, way from "perfect".
It is amateur thing. I make them when i have feeling to make one, then the design boils in my head for a week, for a month , or half a year, than i make a knife. Sometimes it takes two days, sometimes a month. The longest one is on my bench is for almost a year now and still far a way from being finished. If i get the inspiration back to finish it, it is less than 2 hours of work, but i'm not 100% happy how it comes out. It was not my design, my friend's ding wish to make a double aged dagger for him. I do not like daggers, i do not like design, i do not like how it comes out...

Than after the knife is done the agony how to make a sheath for it starts. This particular knife was ready in February, than i made a sheath design i liked, than i could not find the right rivets, than i found them in a shot 100 miles a way. Than i was waiting for an opportunity to go there.
Then on one of my hunting trip i drove-by and bough a pack.

A month ago i started making it but for some reason i missed the measurements and half way in the making i realized that the knife would not fit inside it.
So, another delay, now i was waiting for another inspiration...

Finally last weekend i started doing it. All measurement were correct, i measured the places for holes for the rivets, cut them, started punting them it only to realize, i needed 8 rivets, the pack says 10 count, but there were only 6 in it.... FK FK FK.....FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKK

I understood, if i do not finish it now, i will never finish it, so i put regular ones which hardly fit and called it good.

And it was one of my simplest sheath designs....

Top Bottom