JUST HOOKED THE BIGGEST BASS OF MY LIFE 5 MIN. AGO, I LOVE FLORIDA!

KTKT70

Reaction score
nice job Gator J. we are going to have to get you a bass nick name too. Way to go and glad you are have so much fun so far. Did you see any gators out there?

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Just missed another one! I am hooked theses pods are every where, our back yard s, this is a dream my first pond, 100 to go. Snakes , turtles, gators oh my!...tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

slanttop357

Reaction score
Congrats on the Bass that is some good eating tra did u let him go ? and yes we a green with envy, i cant wait to see a big Gar good luck bud.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Slant I was never a catch and release fisherman because I am a food provider by nature I like to eat what I catch.
But after I hooked that bass and wathed him break the water straight up 3 ft. A few times and I worked him easy till I pulled him ashore and took photos after I held him without thinking I released him back, never did that before, and it felt great hope I hook him agian someday.
So I decided right then and there I will always release them from now on. I am hooked!
I saw a 2 pounder come from under the weed bed and snatched a minnow so I switched from spinner lure to a minnow swim bait and it was on i caught 4 more and released them all.
Then this family comes by in a golf cart with two young boys around 6 or 8 yrs old started chatting they had poles told them to join me and it was on, I helped them with there poles and put lures on for them nice kids.
Told about jesseshunting site who I was and about and made new friends and hopefully new future jho members.

I didn't want to go home and cook dinner for my wife, I just wanted to fish... lol
I am feeding her now!

I can fish 24/7 where i live because its private.Here's photos of the 4 more I caught and released. This is only 1 pond out of many in my private development I have yet to explore.
No fishing lic. Required, I can't get over this I am in wildlife heaven without all the bullshit and restrictions like ca....tra
View attachment 80775View attachment 80777View attachment 80778View attachment 80779View attachment 80781View attachment 80782

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Thanks guys, now I have a reason to go to Bass Pro and Dicks today for fishing gear and supplies, want to get some barbless hooks.
Getting ready to head out and try the morning bite!...tra

KTKT70

Reaction score
good luck today Gator J. Don't forget to show us all the bad boys you catch today. Have fun and as always be safe.

solus

Reaction score
Good job... Ive never been able to catch one myself.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Thanks solus, I went out fishing first thing this morning to try getting morning bite and git one in a few minute's and another one that popped off. Then I though a classic 5" rapella Floate bomber to see if I could draw out as super huge bass, as I was lightly jerking it across the top of the water and bam the most violent strike I ever experienced and I'll be damned it was a gator! I hooked a gator and started reeling it in to retrieve my lure. Cont. Solus I will print the rest of this story in camp fire under ( Call me Gator J. Post )..tra
Oh Yeh and a wild pig encounter too this morning while fishing, I post that in the hog forum, what a morning!
View attachment 80785View attachment 80786

slanttop357

Reaction score
Wow yes we are jealous but this will never get old. Can you get the permit for the gators and then rig your bow up ? you have got to be in seventh heaven.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Slant FWC does a draw for gators, if u get drawn then u have to pay for the permit and hire a licensed alligator trapper too. I think it runs around 3 or $400.
Cheaper then doing a gator outfitter which runs around $1500.- $2500. To hunt.

Well I just got back from my little fishing honey hole. I got a nice 1 1/2 lb. Right on first cast, lost one and then I caught this beauty I belive is a sun bass if I am correct. Then I got a mean strike and next thing I am reeling in my line and all that's left is the hook and partial head of a 4 in. Swim bait, yikes! Then my 2 young fishing buddies ( Brenden and Justin) showed up and it was on Brenden hooked a nice 3 lb.r, these boys were knocking them bass out left right for minute. It was quite exciting for me and them too.
They both had fish on at the same time, check out the photo while Brenden was holding his bass his brother Justin has a bass breaking out of the water, great action photo! They said they joined JHO so I hope they come on here and post up and start interacting with us all. They are 2 great young boys and I really enjoy mentoring them with fishing, but they seem to have it down I would say, little bass slayers! At there age I couldn't even catch a minnow....lol enjoy the photos!
P.s. If i spelt your name wrong Brenden then I am sorry my friend
View attachment 80799View attachment 80800View attachment 80801View attachment 80802View attachment 80803View attachment 80804View attachment 80805View attachment 80806View attachment 80807

Mlindsay

Reaction score
Man man man... congrats on everything. Ponds sure are fun fishing. I'll be after some bass tomorrow after work. I'll let you know if I get anything. Can't wait to see you posing with a nice hog/hawg.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

dustin ray

Reaction score
Nice catch tra do i see giant bug netting enclosed patio covers on the houses

Davio

Reaction score
One word, Jealous..... Pretty much somes it up.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Well just got back from Dicks and Bass Pro and spent $160. On some goodies for my bass pond fishing, there not going to be happy!
And I bought a gigging set up to Yeh baby. On my way to the pond now!....traView attachment 80836

Top Bottom