Just looking for a lab puppy

kfdf715

Reaction score
I am looking for a male yellow lab puppy over the next two months. I realize there are a lot of great breeders out there, but I am just look for a hunting dog, not a trial dog. I want to spend between $500-$600 and there is not a lot out there at this price range. Again, I am not knocking the breeders, I know they have great quality dogs, but a bit out of my budget. If anyone can help with any good hunting labs out there, I would greatly appreciate it.

83blazer

Reaction score
Pm Bill Middlebrook he is on this site. He might have 2 males left over. They are 9 weeks old right now. They are great dogs full of desire. My 9 week old is very easy to train. She loves retrieving and she is chasing pigeons off my neighbors lawn. She puts on quite a show.

Makokid

Reaction score
I see you are in La Habra, so am I. Last May I bought a black lab puppy for $500.00 at the Orange County CWA dinner during a live auction. Not necessarily the best way to buy a dog, but my wife fell in love with her. As it turned out I couldn't be happier. She hunted with my son and I this past waterfowl season and made one great retrieve after another. She made a couple of long deep water retrieves that blew my mind. During the youth hunt in February, she retrieved 20 snow geese for the kids in one morning. She won't do blind retrieves yet, but I am working with her.

I mention all of this because there is another dinner on May 15th and they may have more dogs. If you are interested in attending the dinner, let me know (dritter@3dgrengineering.com) and I can find out if there will be any dogs available.

Don

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I don't have any males left. I just have two females left. One will be a great hunter but she's very willful which will have its challenges when training while the other is not as birdy as the rest of the litter was but is very obedient. The later would probably make a decent bird dog but I'm inclined to give her to some neighbors in exchange for some baby-sitting....not convinced she'd make a real good bird dog where the other one in the right hands would make an excellent bird dog.

Sounds like she's a lot of fun Ernesto! Glad to hear it...

83blazer

Reaction score
Bill she is a blast to have around. I have already lost 7lbs in 13 days I have had her. My kids love her as my wife and I. She is full of energy. At night she is tired from the kids playing around with her. I try to work with her after the kids go to bed but she is tired. She can sit on command, whoa, and do singles at 20 yards out. She will go on "back" command but she wont give me the bumper at "drop" or "release" She is full of spunk though.

She went in the pool after a retrieve on Sunda but came running out. She did it on her own. M daughter threw it in the pool and the puppy jumped after it. She went in later again and ran out.

We are happy with her.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
That's amazing! Only 9 weeks old....full of potential from the sound of things.

The breeding turned out real good I think.

D9BUCKKLR

Reaction score
my yellow female had two males and five females last saturday. both the mom and dad are really good hunting dogs.. bolth are great famliy pets as well. there is a pic of my dog Sage in the upland section on the tail gate of a white tundra with two limits fo mtn quail in front of her, I believe its under hows your season so far.. any Hoo im not a breeder,me and my wife wanted to expierence the puppys. are lab is our life.. I live in MOJAVE cal..

kfdf715

Reaction score
83blazer - thanks for your response. The comments made on Bill's pups sound incredible. Bill, thanks for your honesty reference the two remaining pups. I do not want a puppy already deemed tough to train or a pup that is to docile. I guess I want that middle of the road pup that most people tend to want.

Makokid - I would be interested to know if there are any yellow male pups available at the banquet. If there is a way to find out, I would be interested. Please dont go through to much trouble checking for me though.

D9BUCKKLR - I would love to get some more information reference your pups. What are you asking for the puppies?

THE LAB GUY

Reaction score
Careful it is illegal in the state of Ca to auction off a dog. The Organization CWA and the person who bred the dog can get in trouble. And also with all of this AB1634 still tring to take affect just asking for trouble especially in So Cal area. I am a breeder and run a CWA Chapter in my area and I don't even do it the price to pay if I get caught. just to let people know. The Lab Guy

kfdf715

Reaction score
Lab Guy - thanks for the response. I had no idea that it was illegal to auction a dog. I spoke with you before when I was shopping for a pup and I know you have outstanding quality dogs. Unfortunately, my budget will not allow a $1000 for a puppy. I wish I had the money to spend, but just had a baby and am struggling just to get a dog. Sometimes our heart takes over reality and we just have to get what we desire. Right now, I have nothing more than a dog on my mind other than my newest little girl. Thank you for your response.

THE LAB GUY

Reaction score
KDF leave your number I think that I might have something for you in you price range. Thanks The Lab Guy

D9BUCKKLR

Reaction score
im not to savy with the computer ,but all ask my wife to help me post some pics and the pedigrees from my dog and the sire. I am asking 500$ ( the sire imop is one of the best looking labs I have ever seen).

kfdf715

Reaction score
D9BUCKKLR -Yes, please send me the pedigree info. If you get the time, can you send me your telephone number so I can give you a call. My number is listed in this forum if you prefer not to give your number out.

Lab Guy - My wife is thinking about the dog we discussed. She is still leaning towards male and also a puppy. I will let you know. Thank you for your help.

83blazer

Reaction score
D9BUCKKLR- Send me info as well (pedigree) on both dogs please. Can you also send a picture of mom, dad, and puppies. M sister is interested and a neighbor after looking at mine.

Thank You.

ernesto.bernal@verizon.net

D9BUCKKLR

Reaction score
hey guys all get the pics and pedigree posted asap. the pups are 12 days old right now, there pads and noses and lips turned black over the weekend. it looks like there eyes want to open very soon. here is my email mccoy54@sbcglobal.net. my # is 661-810-3814 my name is Dale.

DRAKE11

Reaction score
I have seen the pups already and they look great. I have hunted with D9's Dog ever since he has had Sage. Sage is probably one of the most instinctive labs I have hunted over.

D9BUCKKLR

Reaction score
here is a few pics of my dog sage and the pups, we will post more later when the eyes open, also we get some pics of the sire....

Attachments

bjake21

Reaction score
The breeder/hunter I got my lab from is expecting a litter from the same breeding June 10th. Hank was hunting ducks and quail from 7 months old last season and extremely trainable. He is very sharp on marks, blinds and handling. Will be starting hunting field tests this summer. If you're interested shoot me an email and I'll give you his contact info. He is in Santa Cruz but well worth the drive. I really like the "Red" yellow labs...

Here is a link to the stud dog, Jett.
http://www.featherranch.com/

Some pics of Hank

Attachments

Top Bottom