Just order a new bear

bn2hunt

Reaction score
And I went with the Bear Game Over? I shot the lights out as well and the game over was smoother both on the draw and the release. I also shot a parker and it shot well but was real spongy at full draw. I wanted to look at the Martins but nobody had any that I called so I guess the martin was out by default. I'm not going to order a bow I can't shoot first.

Now I have a question for anybody that owns a bear. I purchased just a plain bow with nothing on it and the bow-shop is going to transfer my existing equipment to it and help get me set up and tuned.

What kind of vibration suppression are people using? I have been looking at Sims AlphaShox Split Limb Limbsaver, and bow jax sting silencers but I read that the bow jax don't last very long.

I have decided to use the hind sight system so I won't need a peep sight. I have never been real comfortable using a peep so I thought I would try the hind sight system. I am trying to keep as much as possible off the sting, I figure that is one less thing to vibrate.

Any suggestions on what kind of silencers I might need?

Thanks

Dan

SDsmokingun

Reaction score
Get the STS string suppressor i got one on my bear truth and i love it.

bn2hunt

Reaction score
The Game Over has a string suppressor built in

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Get a length stabilizer that balances the bow well, and unless it is sitting in their discount bin from the 80's any one made now is plenty good enough for anyone, though I like simms stuff and Doinker.

The split limbs simms stuff will work well.

If after you got the gear on and it still has a twang to it figure out which of your accessories have the vibration and add some mini simms vibration dampners. It will most likely be the quiver or maybe the sight.

Also many folks get a "quiet as a mouse fart" bow and get a POS plastic quiver and wonder why they still got some vibration. A solid one piece, but even better solid two piece quiver that locks down tight and holds the arrows like it's life depended on it will make a huge difference, but I usually add a limbsaver mini or two to my quiver as well.

I have tried all the string silencing stuff out there for on the string, and none lasted long enough to be worth the trouble, sso I don't use them. My Mathews Apex7 has the string suppressors so that is good enough, plus I use a No-peep so the string is quieter as well.

Good luck with the hindsight, I tried one but liked the no peep better, but many swear by them.

dwagoner

Reaction score
for quivers and such check into Trophy Ridge, its made by BEAR so they have 2 piece quivers that mount to all their bows very snug and tight, i use Sims string leaches and they last for me, actually i use alot of Sims products and think there great product. Id look into getting some split limb savers and maybe the string leaches only if you feel you need them. Prolly try to shoot the bow after you get the limb savers on and see how it sounds, then try it with the leaches see if it helps any. On my Truth i mounted a STS and when i did it made it pretty quiet so i moved my string leaches to the inside of the string and buss cable, this way they still help with string vibration but there not on the back part of the string so i get the most fps out of the bow that i can and still have a nice silent vibation free setup. Works very well i like my Truth. Nice bow i like the new line of Bear, ill have to shoot one when i see them on the rack at BPS.

Advertisement

Top Bottom