Just questions

Strutter

Reaction score
I am going to make a camera this week and was wondering if the motion detectors will pick up corn coming from an automatic feeder.  Will a bird flying by set them off?  How do you set them around a feeder without every critter in the woods getting their picture taken?  Will probably have many more questions in near future so please bear with me. This is going to be fun.  

Thanks,
Strutter  

C

CAMO MAN

I believe crows flying in front of the sensor will trip it.  I nearly always have a couple shots with nothing in them around the time I have one with a crow under feeder.  I have also gotten a picture with a crow shadow on ground in front of camera .  You will get plenty of crows coons and rabbits here in east texas along with deer and hogs.  It's all worth it  though.

wfontjr

Reaction score
i have never had the corn motion trip the camera

Jon Bain

Reaction score
The Infer-red (IR) sensor work off both heat and motion.  Heat referring to a sudden change in tempture accompanied with movement.  I don't think the feeder will trip the sensor unless it heats up as it works and the sensor is placed where it can detect it.  Birds should trip it but reptiles (cold blooded) likely will not.

Strutter

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.  Hadn't considered the IR aspect of it.

Thanks,
Strutter

Top Bottom