Just wanted to say hello

LadyHunter

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Robin and I live and hunt in Kentucky and yes, I am a woman. I hope ya'll don't mind. I mostly deer hunt, during the off season I squrriel and rabbit hunt as well. I do a little fishing too. My season was short and sweet. I filled my tags on two does when the buck of my dreams ran for the property line. But he'll be back next year, I hope, bigger than before.  Is there anyone else on this forum from the Bluegrass state? Well I just wanted to say hello and if ya'll don't mind, I would like to drop in every so often to talk about hunting. There isn't any forums just for women hunters. I've looked.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Welcome to the finest site on the web. I'm from NC. Most of the poster's seem to be from the west coast. Don't hold that against them tho, they are a great bunch of people.

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The finest one out there it doesn't matter if your a man or women.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
LadyHunter, Welcome to the best site and bunch of peeps on the web. You can talk about all kinds of things here, hope you enjoy it and there are other ladies in the house as the saying goes.:smile-yellow:

Kentuck

Reaction score
Well, I live in California but my heart is in KY, along with most of my family.
This a great forum and hope you stop by often.

Fubar

Reaction score
LadyHunter  Welcome to Jesses Forum. Good to have you in here. I know you will find it informative and entertaining.             Fubar

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum Ladyhunter :wavin:

There is a woman hunter forum/webpage that several woman hunters started awhile back. SuzyQ, Ladyhunter from Iowa. Linda Burch and a few others were some of the the writers that started the webpage.

http://www.womenhunters.com/

I just added a Woman Hunter section here also. We need someone to help out there too. Hint hint.

jayber

Reaction score
Welcome LadyHunter/Robin.  Hope you enjoy the site enough to frequent often.

ranchwife

Reaction score
Hi Ladyhunter!  This is a fun site - I check it throughout the day.  I'm glad to see another woman on this site.  I was beginning to think I was the only one The guys on the site are easy to chat with and usually don't mind when women reply.

LadyHunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I geuss times really are changing from the time I was told that a woman doesn't belong in the woods. Thanks for pointing me to women hunters.com I was starting to think I was the only one. I would be glad to help on the women's board. There is one qeustion I would like to ask. How do I get my hubby out from under the '73 Plymouth and in the woods?? He hunted a total of 3 HOURS out of 16 days this gun season. Isn't that grounds for divorce??

Jackalope

Reaction score
Ladyhunter, that's funny.  Why would we have a problem with you on the site?  I personally like to see more women out hunting.  My wife loves to go with me and was not happy with the fact that she couldn't go this year (she's pregnant).  In fact, it seems to me that some women do better than men because they have more patience!  We can probably learn some from you if given a chance!  Anyways, I'm rambling.....welcome to the site!

Mike

LadyHunter

Reaction score
Mike... I was posting on another hunting site and those guys didn't give me the time of day. Sorry, the experiences I've had throught the years with other hunters made me a little jumpy. When I first starting hunting my own husband didn't want me hunting near him...until I starting getting a deer every year, then I couldn't get rid of him.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
My first impression of a Lady hunter was a good one. It was the opening day of pheasant in Pixley, CA a few years ago and there was a solo woman hunter with a dog. We lined up for the same field. At shoot time she started working her dog and proceded ahead of my partner and I. She had excellent control over her dog and when it came to the time that counts she filled her limit with two shots. She took her birds back to her truck and came back and worked her dog for some of the hunters who didn't have dogs. First class if you ask me. I wish there were more women involved in outdoor sports, maybe it would polish some of that rough edge image that hunting has.

As far as your question about your husband, how 'bout wearing a camoflage nightie, Just kidding.

All joking aside welcome aboard it's always good to meet new people.

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
Just another welcome. I too like seeing more women in the field. I like to bring my daughters out whenever school doesnt get in the way. We need your help to keep the sport alive , besides, ladies tend to smell much nicer than us guys ....All kidding aside, I think you'll enjoy the site.

(Edited by Bigolwiggler at 3:04 pm on Dec. 14, 2001)

Hook

Reaction score
Welcome Ladyhunter, I have to agree with everyone else that there are a great bunch of people here at Jesse's. You will find yourself spending alot of time here like I do.

Rimrock

Reaction score
Another welcome, Ladyhunter. I'm new here too but these guys will make you feel right at home. My wife isn't able to go hunting with me any more and I miss that, but if it is a nice warm summer night she has been known to still be slinging bass lures when the sun comes up.

You will enjoy this forum. Women just adorn the beauty of God's creation.

Play fair.

lostagain

Reaction score
Welcome Lady Hunter,
I guess having a lady hunter is similar to having the ladies on the sport fishing boats. There are'nt many but the ones I have run across (other than the ones just providing company to their SO's) have been very good and very dedicated.

paulc

Reaction score
lady hunter, i got my wife hunting this year and she did well... she turned out to be a quick learner and a darn good shot.. she got a antelope, cow elk and a wild pig this year and she told my for our 10 year anniverary she wants to go caribou hunting.. me getting her into hunting has certainly worked to my advantage..  :)   hope we hear more from you...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom