Just what every refuge hunter needs

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
Cabelas Catalog hit the stands and “DEAD COYOTE!™” is getting rave reviews. We have been getting call after call asking about ballistic information on these “T” size shot.

Folks want to know the foot-pounds of energy for the DEAD COYOTE!™ “T” shot. I decided to compare them to HEVI•SHOT® “B’s”. Guess what I discovered? “T’s” have TWICE the delivered energy of “B’s”!!! What does this mean??? At 100 yards HEVI•SHOT® DEAD COYOTE!™ “T’s” are the point-and-click solution to your hunt. If you can see it, you can hit it.

The energy of the HEVI•SHOT® DEAD COYOTE!™ loads is only part of the picture. When your pattern at 60 yards is 80% or better, you put over 40 pellets in a 30-inch circle with twice the energy of a HEVISHOT® “B”. That’s like shooting 40 .22-cal rifles at your varmint!

The high demand for these shells caught us off guard. The best way to purchase these shells is through Cabelas at www.Cabelas.com.

Since we are short on DEAD COYOTE!™ shells and many of your are looking for high performance ammunition, we are giving you, our web subscribers, 00 Buckshot at close to cost. This is our way of giving you the absolute largest HEVI•SHOT® pellets. You get 9 pellets per shell, and believe me, they will put your quarry down!

Russell

Reaction score
Ah....just what I need for my next "downwinding the motoguy" strategy next December.....

4tule

Reaction score
Time for the helmets and flack jackets!

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by 4tule@Aug 2 2004, 10:13 PM
Time for the helmets and flack jackets!
As CalBaer and I know, when the Grassland boys come north and start shooting birds low across the water - it is hairy enough with just steel shot. Now if they forget they have one of these "goose loads from he11" and a low bird clips the decoys it will be time for SWAT issued hunting clothing.

BTW: shooting glasses will not stop this size shot at the velocity/energy it has at 100-150 yards.

wrhinehart

Banned
Reaction score
ouch !!!!!

Hevi-Shot in "T"'s is a truly frightening thought indeed. Especially if used by the SKYSCRAPERS or Wister idiots.

I have no need for that loading, I don't like pass shooting.

I use Hevi_shot "B" for geese and to tell you the truth, I've NEVER SMOKED geese like I do with this stuff.!!
Hevi-Shot "B" has the same down range energy as Steel "T".

Sure, it's expensive, but well worth the extra price.

BTW...

you still need to HIT to bring em down. If you miss, all bets are off and you can't blame the ammo. That's operator error gentlemen.

0ne month to the Grey Ghosts of Summer! The season rapidly approaches.

calwidgeon22

Reaction score
The solution is to have the refuges declare this kind of shot illegal to use on refuges. Clubs can manage their members as well.

I believe it is already illegal to shoot anything larger than T so the 00 buck shot can't be used.

Bring it up at the commission meeting. Let them know of the safety issues.

Matt Thompson

Reaction score
If this keeps up, the scrapers won't even need to leave the parking lot.

Baldplate

Reaction score
Greetings my northern friends wait until you see what I am bringing to your favorite refuge. It's a twin mounted 11-87 3 1/2" water cooled Vortex mounted duck killing machine. These babies can really throw the lead (ummmmm) I mean steel shot up there with the best of them. I am not worried about the shell limits either, because with the buget cuts they surely won't be checking me after I pass the check station.

Mike not to worry, I have a couple of balistic helmets from work that I can lend you for the season no charge. The only problem or bug that I still need to work out is how to time my low shots, so that I miss the passing moto- duck from my vortex killing machine. Mike, with these new loads your talking about I should be able to blow right past the moto and still hit the bird working the guys spread next to mine. Yolo Chris and your BIG RIG watch out and remember my pond my bird snd my rig.

mouthcallinmatt1

Reaction score
I passed this thread on to someone who shall at this time remain nameless. He's welcome to come out of the closet at any time but please don't make me guilty through association. Here's is a copy of my response to his email. My response is in red. I didn't post any names and protected one of the locations with ?'s. This will only be funny for the Wisterites.

WELL HERE WE GO SOMEONE WANTS TO OUTLAW ALREADY. ISN'T THERE A PLACE FOR EVEN THE HIGHEST SHOOTERS AT WISTER ? Yes, the ?????, the 115 firing line, & the edge of the Sea. WHAT ABOUT THOSE LONELY SOULS WHO ONLY SHOOT HIGH ? Looks like the motorhome gang won’t be as lonely this year. If it weren’t for you-know-who's kazoo along with his partner's ya ya, they might be tough to distinguish them from all the other flying coyote busters this year. IS THERE NO FEELINGS FOR THEM? No!

RESIST THE DARK SIDE LUKE. WITH YOUR ABILITY TO BE THE BUSH AND YOUR MOUTH CALLING PROWESS…YOU DON’T NEED TO SUCCUMB TO THE EVILS OF THE SKYBUSTERS. DON’T BECOME LUKE SKYBUSTER!!!

sdbrewer

Reaction score
So, does anyone know a sporting clays or skeet range where I can practice my 75 to 100 yd shots?

What kind of inexpensive practice loads do you think will match the velocity (so I can get the right lead) of these loads at 75 to 100 yds?

After all, it would be unethical to shoot that far without practice don't you think?

mouthcallinmatt1

Reaction score
Originally posted by sdbrewer@Aug 3 2004, 12:27 PM
So, does anyone know a sporting clays or skeet range where I can practice my 75 to 100 yd shots?
I've got a thrower and a box of clays.

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Originally posted by mouthcallinmatt1@Aug 3 2004, 10:45 AM
I passed this thread on to someone who shall at this time remain nameless. He's welcome to come out of the closet at any time but please don't make me guilty through association. Here's is a copy of my response to his email. My response is in red. I didn't post any names and protected one of the locations with ?'s. This will only be funny for the Wisterites.

WELL HERE WE GO SOMEONE WANTS TO OUTLAW ALREADY. ISN'T THERE A PLACE FOR EVEN THE HIGHEST SHOOTERS AT WISTER ? Yes, the ?????, the 115 firing line, & the edge of the Sea. WHAT ABOUT THOSE LONELY SOULS WHO ONLY SHOOT HIGH ? Looks like the motorhome gang won’t be as lonely this year. If it weren’t for you-know-who's kazoo along with his partner's ya ya, they might be tough to distinguish them from all the other flying coyote busters this year. IS THERE NO FEELINGS FOR THEM? No!

RESIST THE DARK SIDE LUKE. WITH YOUR ABILITY TO BE THE BUSH AND YOUR MOUTH CALLING PROWESS…YOU DON’T NEED TO SUCCUMB TO THE EVILS OF THE SKYBUSTERS. DON’T BECOME LUKE SKYBUSTER!!!
Classic Matt, maybe I'll just sit in the river botom east of H8 and have at it.

d trees

Reaction score
Originally posted by mouthcallinmatt1@Aug 3 2004, 10:45 AM
Looks like the motorhome gang won’t be as lonely this year.
hmmm seems like it was just yesterday watching that motorhome pull up with its mural on the back in all its glory
,d

The Rumpot

Reaction score
So now, no ducks are safe.

Moto masacres the first year birds.

And now, wiley 25 year-old mallards cruising over at a "safe" 80 yards up will fall victim to THIS new technology.

The "sport" in waterfowling is just about toast.

When will the DFG wise up and understand that this is sport, not just harvest with any method of take? Whoops, forgot, this will enhance small business and the shooting industry.

So moto and the 100 yard ball-bearings are good things, right?

It's all about money.

Tree Doc

Reaction score
Wait a minute! I don't get it........is there something WRONG with taking 100 plus yard shots at ducks?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I shot some Hevi SHot DEad Coyote at the writer conference in Spokane WA last month. Just plywood, clays and gongs, nothing with a heatbeat. It's devastating. You think low flyers are a problem while in the marsh, many turkey hunters use Hevi Shot now. Lot's of them creeping around the woods stalking callers.

I've been shooting a special load of Hevi Shot made by "Nitro Ray" out of Missouri for turkey hunting. Just make sure you brace yourself when you light that candle, even from a 3" thrower. Tightest patterning shot I've ever sent down range. I've whacked a few coyote with it too and it flat pole axes them at 40 yards.

As for the motorhome boys, one day I lasered some snows they were folding wings on. 105 yards up according to the Bushnell 600 RF.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom