Kalimar camera

markmartin

Reaction score
I bought one of these Kalimar camera's. It takes picture's about the same quility as the Cannon owls, for much less money and it has the time and date. Thanks  :confused-yellow:

B

brian bearden

i think i saw that camera in a game trail camera that wal-mart is selling now. the unit is $130.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I did a little research on these, and they appear to be a Korean knockoff of a type of Nikon. Probibly will work pretty good, but most reviews I read really ranted about the inferior quality of their lenses. I may pick one up to try and give a review. Does anyone know of one of the stores that carry them other than on the web?

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Wild ed, No,No,No, there is one that is a QD point and shoot for around $29-$35. Much less than $100.00.

YiYo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have one of these Kalimar photo tracker units . I don't know much about how good one camera is from another but this thing takes great pictures!

My gripe so far is the camera battries seems to only last about 7-10 days.

Its a easy to set up unit and the cost is great so far...do need to think about the battery situation tho!!

Another Wal-Mart special..I do wish someone that knew what they wre doing would compare this set up to the more expensive kinds.

Is there that much difference between a $130.00 unit and a $400.00 unit??

Wild Ed

Reaction score
They have the whole Kalimar Photo tracker game cam for $129.99.

Huntindad

Reaction score
Yi Yo,
How long is "normal" for battery life for a game cam? Did you use regular batteries or rechargeable ones? I'm considering the Kalimar unit from Walmart but the lifespan of the batteries is a concern.
I'm thinking bout building one but...

Wild Ed & Yi-Yo,
What speed of film do you use?

Wild Ed, you got to hook your unit up yet. Saw on TBH that you got one. We're purt neer neighbors :)

Thanx,

David

davered1

Reaction score
huntin dad,

build one it will cost about the same with all the bells and whistles or well under $100 with few bells and whistles.

running a ms20 on 4  c cell batteries the batteries last over 2 months, RS sensor over 3 months on 1 9V.

check it out you will never consider buying a store bought camera again

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Huntindad, Dave is right I get about three to four months out of one 9v. with my RS sensor and Brians chip (timer).

Huntindad,markmartin and Wild Ed welcome to JHP!

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 8:13 am on Aug. 5, 2002)

YiYo

Reaction score
Hey Huntndad

The battries in the camera average 10 days (2-aa) and it takes 2 -9volts to run the unit.

I would think 10 days is not very good ..but this is a simmple unit to set up and takes great pictures to me. I guess the camera battry life does keep me guesing since there is no indicator of battry strength..

Hey ******, can yiou explain the differance between a $130.00 unit and a$400.00 unit besides A BUNCH?

Thanx

thehairlessone

Reaction score
It might depend on which batteries you are using too. I have noticed the cheaper ones dont last long at all so i started buying the good ones. They cost more but the hassle of changing batteries all the time is gone.

I built me a camera a few months ago for under $50 i believe. The camera didnt have the date and i got it for $10 off ebay, $8 for the sensor, $5 for the ammo box and $12 for the switches and relay from rs.

Just depends on what you want to determine the cost.

rick

shufigo

Reaction score
YiYo, I'd be surprised if those batteries weren't from "on sale" or an off brand. There are a bunch out there under various store brands, made in China which have about 1/3 of the life of the standard brands. Suggest you watch the newspaper ads and buy the name brands on special. The AAs are available for about 50-60 cents apiece if you get the 2 for one sales.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I put up a webpage on the Kalimar Photo Tracker at

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/kalimar.html

If any of you that own one can fill in any of the blanks on the specs I'd appreciate it. They don't have them at the Wal-Marts out here in SoCal, at least not yet.

Thanks.

markmartin

Reaction score
Thanks for the responces. Our Walmart does not carry the one with the Kalimar camera either. I also bought one of the moultrie game cam 2 cameras while looking for the other, the feature on the box say sealed weather proof housing for camera and electronics but there is no lens sealing the camera and flash, it also has a gap between the housing and the camera and the electronics are right under were the water would come in. It seems like it will seal more water from escaping than it keeps out. But for $98.00 it looks like it will be easy to correct.  :smile-yellow

MSturkeygetter

Reaction score
you could build a lot better cam. for less then than the $98 moultrie cams. Just a idea, do what you want, but it is no better feeling than to put one together yourself that takes great pics,

Top Bottom