kauai blacktail hunting advice

weekender21

Reaction score
Let me know if you get it figured out, I'm headed out there this winter for a few years.

hawaiijed

Reaction score
sounds good. i might be moving there aswell ill be heading there next weekend

weekender21

Reaction score
I'll actually be on Oahu. I have a good friend that grew up on kauai, he never saw a deer on the entire island! That was 20 years ago and he wasn't a hunter but still not very promising. From what I understand they are pretty hard to come by out there. I'm just looking forward to doing a little archery hunting and island hopping! Plenty of Spanish goats right...

hawaiijed

Reaction score
yea, thats what i hear there sneaky. im actually going after the hawaiian grandslam and also want to take an animal from each island. we should get together for an archery hunt some time.

Glass eye

Reaction score
yea, thats what i hear there sneaky. im actually going after the hawaiian grandslam and also want to take an animal from each island. we should get together for an archery hunt some time.
Don't forget Niihau (forbidden Is.) on your list. They offer one day guided hunts (no overnites) and they have some African exotics as well. Transportation to the Island is by helo from Kauai.

weekender21

Reaction score
I should be out there by next March. I'm hoping to quickly join the archery club on Oahu and hit the ground running!

Top Bottom