Kayak Fishing

bikehike

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this topic has ever come up here but I would like to let you know my experiences with this. I bought two kayaks last spring and one of them is the WS Pungo. I have made some modifications to it like adding paddle holders and have two rod holders but have not installed them yet. I use a milk crate with two pieces of pvc pipe cut to length for rod holders and lash it down on my back cargo holder. I have been fishing the Connecticut River here in New England and it works great. I have caught small mouth bass that actually  turn me around in my kayak. I like fishing from a kayak because it requires very little effort from truck to water. I was just curious if there is anybody else here who has used a kayak for fishing?  Thanks

SCORPION

Reaction score
I have been fishing with my sit-on-top kayak which is a Perception Typhoon. Fishing from the kayak  has been great and I am going to be buying a WS pungo which already comes with an anchor and rod holders. I want the pungo so I can fish year round. I like my kayak better than a canoe. I can't wait till I get my pungo.

Grey Taylor

Reaction score
I've used my Aquaterra Chinook in So. California harbors and had a great time.  I fastened my rod holder to some HDPE plastic and then slide the plastic under the deck bungees.  I can adjust the rod holder to lay the rod down over the deck for traveling or out over the side for trolling.  Works great.

But some of my best fishing has been right outside the harbor trolling a bonito jig on a simple hand line tied off on my deck cleat.  The mackrel just love it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom