Keep me in your thoughts today....

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
as I have opened up a Canon S200 and am beginning to solder inside it.  :skeered: Man this makes me nervous.  Good thing I don't drink coffee.

Deep breath.... calm hand.

Todd

bat

Reaction score
BOO!!!!!! HEHE, Sorry couldn't help myself.... Good luck ToddP. bat

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Todd, Well? How did it go on the soldering???? Hope everything went well. Mike

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Three solder points down, two to go.  Waiting for an answer from Brian before I do the other two.  

The true test will be when I see if it works!!!

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
OK Todd, No booze, no cafeen and get lot's of rest so that you will have steady hands,lol. Just kidding and i hope it goes well for you.:) Mike

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel so bad if it was a $100 olympus but it's a $300 dollar Canon that I'm putting together for a friend in Maine.  $300 is alot to let the smoke out.

Todd

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Todd, Now your makeing ME nervous.Hope he is a real good friend. :) Mike P.S. Let us know how it goes.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
ToddP,

Steady now STEADYYYYYY.

I answered your email.  Here is some tips on soldering small connections with small wire that works for me.

A trick to soldering to the small 30 guage wire is use a wet sponge.  You strip the wire carefully and then heat some solder onto the sponge.  Make sure the solder is in small beads.  Now while the solder is on the sponge you just touch the solder bead to the wire while the soldering iron is touching it to and it will bead up on the wire without melting the wire insulation or getting so hot that the solder will not stick.  Now you can just touch the solder bead on the wire to the small contacts in the camera or where ever and your done.  It should stick perfectly.

Good luck.

Top Bottom